DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#39 ·
I ordered my '14 2500 CC on 31 July. This morning I received an email from RAM notifying me it is "Production Scheduled" -- I'm anticipating a longer wait as I ordered a bunch of stuff (Ram Box, Sun Roof) that will undoubtedly stretch out the build time. It was nice, though, to see that everything that I had ordered was correct. Let the games begin!

#47 ·
I stopped by my dealer last night to see what they thought of delivery times from order.... Was told the standard 6-8 weeks from the GM... Now remember, this is a Ram HD order and production isn't supposed to start till 8/12, so I asked him why the 6-8 week quote.

He's answer was that on Ram HD, there were no restrictions and my order, being it's a sold order, would get bumped to the front..

I guess my I'll know soon enough ... I ended up ordering the '14...

#48 · (Edited)
Just got a VOTS update, my black 1500 Longhorn with every option but ram boxes shows it's being framed this morning. Have a big trip planned the weekend after Labor Day...keepping my fingers crossed that it's here by then! So far this seems to be promising compared to what some of the 2013 orders were going through....

#52 ·
Second day in a row I got a status update from VOTS. My 2013 RAM 2500 truck is scheduled for production in the next two weeks. I ordered it less than a week ago. This does NOT sound like a lot of the posts where it can take MONTHS for a build. Maybe it really well take 6-8 weeks after all.

#54 ·
Keep your fingers crossed that it goes as scheduled..... I've got my fingers crossed for you too... Because if yours goes good, my 2014 order should too... At least I'm hoping..

The posted stories you've seen are true.. I had originally order a 2013, back in Jan. It got scheduled for a build date to; before production started, as is now for the 2014 Heavy Duties. Well, it never got built.. It missed one scheduled build date, after another.. and eventually in May, I cancelled...

I'm now hoping they've got the supply chain worked out but was going to wait till production started to order. Sitting at the dealership yesterday, I went ahead an order a 2014....

Wish me luck!!!

#62 · (Edited)
Same here. Maybe Dodge is triple coating the paint to eliminate chipping. Why don't they just dip the entire truck and be done with it.

I can remember my grandfather telling stories of how guys used to paint their cars and trucks during the great depression (not Obama's but in the 1930').
No one could afford a spray job so folks learned how to expertly paint with a brush! He said that the best brush jobs had the least amount of brush marks and some talented painters could work the paint fast so there were no brush marks at all.

#65 ·
Just for pure entertainment I wished someone on here worked at the plant and could quietly come back to us and same here is where your truck is and here is where your is. We might all get a laugh and maybe they are setting in the storage yard and have been for weeks waiting to be shipped.

#66 ·
You guys getting your trucks built now better keep your fingers crossed, until it gets on a rail truck! There's been to many cases where Ram pulls these trucks, especially the early builds, and puts them in storage... They say it's a 100 point inspection; I say it's just lost because some of them are stuck there for months!

#71 ·
I know we all want our trucks, but it's pretty hard for us 2014 people to complain when there are guys that don't have their 2013s yet. They haven't even been building the 2014s that long. My expectations from what my dealer told me were at least 2 months from time of order, which for me was late June. So far it is looking pretty likely that it won't be that much longer than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.