DODGE RAM FORUM banner

09 Sport QC

29K views 260 replies 17 participants last post by  bstc00 
#1 · (Edited)
I think now it's time for me to start a build thread.

I have a 09 Sport QC. Bought it May of 2012 with 21xxx on it. Right now as it sites there is 40xxx on it.

I have Been moding it since the day I got it. Started with Tow mirrors then went with the TLC system and didn't like it all that much so I switched over to the TufTruck TTC 1223 rear coils and LOVE them.

Next on my list of thigs was to start with some performance parts.
Starting with -
DSP 93 tune
24" magnaflow muffler
Magnaflow y-pipe
JBA Cat4ward Headers.

Next on my list of things to do will be TB and CAI, dont know what I'm going to go with yet.

Bryce

#138 ·
After I looked at the PHDs again I noticed that I was given a 3-way and not a 2-way crossover. Talked with the seller and the 2-way is on its way. Will have by Friday

Fedex stopped by my house again today and dropped of a nice little box at my front door.

This is what was inside.

I still have not ordered the lights or the ballist for these yet. So it will be some time before these go on the truck.

#139 ·
Just placed my order at The Retrofit Source dot com for my fogs

Denso Slim Ballasts (AMP)
H1 Morimoto XB35 Light
Morimoto low beam 9006 Relay harness

Should have them some time this week and should be able to get the fogs on the truck this weekend.

#141 ·
Little update on the audio.

This is not my truck but it can be done and will be done.

I was going to go with just the passenger side but after seeing this Im going to do both sides. Waiting to here back from net audio. Will then order the subs.

Amps will have to wait till next month.

I also heard about the PHD amp and that is being shipped over to the US from Italy right now.

Its getting closer.

#143 ·
Little update on the audio build. The box is being made right now and will be done in the next two weeks. The PHD 4060 is being shipped from Italy Monday and I should have it sometime in the next three weeks.

I just order the pioneer avhx3500 today. I wasn't going to get a HU but for the best possible sound quality this had to be done. This will be at my house by the end of this week.

#144 ·
Just got my HU installed the other day. Its Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS.

For the most port I like it. It makes the alpine OEM speakers sound a littler better but not by much.

I back into a mailbox this past winter and put a whole in my tail light. So here are the new ones.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought the rear sway bars ADDCO 2427 that I have been trying buy for the last several months.

#153 ·
I go the 87 tb installed on the truck and did not notice any kind of difference at all. The only tune I have right now is the 93 oct. Ill get the hemifever tune and see if i cant get more out of the TB.

I still have not received any of my audio stuff yet :4-dontknow: Still waiting on the rear sway to come in and just order the front sway for the truck.

I replaced the revers lights with some leds and man do those things SUCK! I have some bigger once coming in today will see if they are any better. Also replaced the license plate lights with LED. Now those are alot brighter:Wow1:

#154 ·
What CAI are you running?
The small difference between the 85/87mm is so minimal that I am not surprise you did not notice a difference.
However, if and when you are going to force more air via headers or boost, that is where it will shine.
At this point, its so small that it more than likely wont be noticeable as you said.

But the resale value on the 87 is greater, so thats a plus for you if you decide to sell

#158 ·
Little update on things for the truck. I order both front and rear Addco sway bars. I received the front one last night and the rear will be here on the 27th.

I also received the long awaited PHD 4060

I found a Used NIB saz-1500d v3 for a really good price and that will be here on the 28th.

As for the system parts are coming from all over the place. I'm still waiting on the darn box for my subs. Once that is here I will start to run the wires and get that system installed.

#164 ·
Just like some of the reviews I saw about the addco sway bar u brackets they did not match up with the wholes on the truck so I had to drill them out a little to line up right.

As for the end links the bolts that came with them are a little to big for the whole so I had to drill that out a little as well.

After I had installed the sway bar I stepped back to look at it and realized that I had the sway bar installed the wrong way. Undid that and this is what you have.

Its not a big difference in size of the sway bar but there should be a noticeable difference in handling. There is a hug difference in the size of the end links as you can tell by the pics.

Will give an update on that when I take it out for a spine later today.

#165 ·
Went for a little drive and the rear end is a lot stiffer. I didn't go all crazy on the turns but I can imagine it will handle like a dream. Now I just need to install the front one.

I just received my sundown amp today. No pics yet will get some up later. I also heard about my box and it is finally going to be made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.