DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Questions about front hub assembly

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kmdracer 
#1 ·
I searched, and couldn't find the info I'm looking for. so, sorry if it has been asked and answered before.

2003 Ram QC, 4.7tr auto, 2 wheel drive, rear ABS only.

Today, I found my front hub assembly on the driver's side is bad. This would explain the roaring/growling sound I've been hearing lately. :lol:

My questions are,
1: What is the torque spec for the 3 bolts that hold the assembly to the spindle?
2: Are the bolts reusable or are they torque to yield? ( Do I need new bolts)
3: What is the Dodge/mopar part number for the assemblies (non ABS)? I really, really don't want to put cheap Chinese auto parts house components on my truck.

The original hub lasted 270,000 hard miles. This is my work truck and I work in the oil field with many, many miles running down rough gravel and dirt roads. :lol:

Thanks very much for any and all help!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
I do plan to change both sides at the same time. I have found the torque specs to be 125ftlb, so thought to add here for any future searchers. Also, did confirm that the bolts are NOT TTY, so they are reusable. Now just to find a good quality replacement.
Monday I will go to the Dodge dealer to see what the part number and cost is for OEM hubs. I had no luck trying to find it on Mopar's parts website.
May go ahead and replace the shocks while I'm under there. The ones on there now are some no-name ones my mech put on when he replaced all the bushings in the truck 2 years ago. Never really liked them. I put a set of the Sensa-tracs on my daughters Ranger, and really like the way her truck drives now, so may try those on the Ram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.