DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dee Zee Tailgate Assist FAIL!!

8K views 54 replies 30 participants last post by  anothernewb 
#1 ·
Loved this mod to death but today when I was closing my tailgate it snapped right off. Thinking if it's a fluke I'll order another. Anyone else have this happen to them. Only had it on for a few weeks.

See less See more
#38 ·
i got a 13 and ordered on. should i hold out and get the ford one or just sit tight for a little while.

how is it on the 12s?

In general its trial and error - its about 5 trucks out of 100 according to DZ, and they take care of it if your one of the 5. :smileup:

#45 ·
I was looking at also getting one however just wondering if I should wait a bit...

Ed
Yep I would recommend it.

I bought one for myself, and then bought one for my brother.

He showed his F150 buddy what these things are like, and I think he is going to get me to order one from Andrew too.

I've had mine on for a month+ now and haven't had any issues at all.

At first I thought I just bought it because I was bitten with this forums mod bug, but have to say I've found it quite handy on more than one occasion.

Even my wife (who laughed at me when I told her what I was buying) has agreed that it was well worth the money.

I had my travel trailer hooked up to my truck and my wife was getting into the back of the truck, and the gate slipped from her hand. The DeeZee slowed it right down to a crawl and saved it from smashing into my travel trailers raising and lowering handle.

That alone saved my wife how much?? LOL.......

Thumbs up from me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.