DODGE RAM FORUM banner

bag question

687 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CdnoilRAM 
#1 ·
im gettin a 3500 that has bags on the rear and i know what they are for but need to know more about them. a air compressor is used to air them up manually so i do it everytime besides pushing a button or how ever else it is done. how much air is needed in them for pullin 24 ft gooseneck loaded with hay? any info on the bags is much appreciated

#2 ·
Its different on every truck. You'll see it level out when you begin to inflate the bags. I run and recommend running as little as possible so you dont get beat, the bags full of air can be a rough ride.
Does it have a tank valves and compressor on board or is it manual fill at the gas station?!

#3 ·
^^ what he said. They'll begin to level based on the weight you're hauling. My SuperDuty has the firestone bag set up and I normally get level around 38psi when hauling my bulker trailer, but it's 150psi when hauling my QC tri-axle, makes for a rough ride, but I'd rather not be squatting when I pull through the scales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.