DODGE RAM FORUM banner

5th Wheel Towing Ram 1500

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  moparguy62 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4 X 4 with the Big Horn Package. 5.7 Liter V8 HEMI with a 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio. The truck is equipped to tow 10200 lbs with a payload of 1610 lbs. The Box size = 6'4".

My question is, I want to pull a lite weight 5th Wheel trailer and want to know if anyone had experience with this or can give me Advice, Suggestions etc for me?

Thanks

#2 ·
You need to know just about every weight involved in the Ram, including passengers, if you have a moving company like Mayflower near you, they usually have a set of truck scales that are open to the public, you don't need any thing Certified, so they may do it for free
Always pull the trailer with the water tanks & other holding tanks empty
Then go to this site
http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-trailer-weight-fw.shtml

GOOD LUCK

#4 ·
5th wheel towing with 1500

I tow a 7200 lbs 5er with my 1500 and a pullrite superglide 12k hitch. The weight you need to add up is hitch weight, any passengers, or drive over 150 lbs. Place your luggage in the trailer midway so you still good on trcuk gross weight. The total weight will not be over "GVCWR" this is truck and trailer loaded combined. The 1500 is rated to haul not confused with tow but haul 1500 lbs including a 150 driver depending on gears. I tow from CT to FL up and down 81 all those hills and the truck tows like a dream, and power to pull a ford and its load up the hill too!!! lol had to say it.

I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4 X 4 with the Big Horn Package. 5.7 Liter V8 HEMI with a 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio. The truck is equipped to tow 10200 lbs with a payload of 1610 lbs. The Box size = 6'4".

My question is, I want to pull a lite weight 5th Wheel trailer and want to know if anyone had experience with this or can give me Advice, Suggestions etc for me?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.