DODGE RAM FORUM banner

02 Ram Van Won't Start

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Wolfwasp 
#1 ·
This is crazy.
My conversion van is in great shape but yesterday it decided it didn't want to start. It turns over.

The digital readout says No buS.
I don't know exactly what that means, so I swapped some of the relays and still nothing.

I put 7 gallons of gas in it to make sure, but the guage barely moves when the ignition is on.

I listened for the fuel pump when I turn the key and couldn't hear anything but it is in the tank so maybe you can't hear it from the drivers seat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Best Regards,
Ted

#3 ·
The "no bus" thing tells me there's something deeper than just fuel or spark. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and offer some advice.

#5 ·
Thanks a lot everyone. I have to leave tomorrow so I called my service station to come and look at it.
It is strange. It was perfect and now its dead. Overnight.
It rained that night. I wonder if something shorted out.
I will let you know what happens.
Thanks for the input.
tc

#6 ·
It seems computers just die. At least that is what they determined in this case. I paid to have another one installed and re-programmed and everything is fine now for the time being. Thanks everyone for looking into this.
If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times,,,,,damn computers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.