DODGE RAM FORUM banner
22K views 79 replies 39 participants last post by  arsenamerica 
#1 ·
Today I'm starting an official mod thread for my truck. All mod's I've done and will do in the future will be placed in this thread. T o start this thread off I will post pictures in order of some mods that I have already done. Then, I will add to the thread as more mods come in!!

I'll start it off with a pic of the truck completely stock when I brought her home.

See less See more
Reactions: Crash
#35 ·
I have nothing bad to say about the Extang, it looks amazing to me. Nice tight fit and low profile.

#37 ·
Truck looks great, Just a quick question regarding the ezdown. I can remember when I was looking at new trucks playing with a tailgate on a larime and it seemed to have a damper built into the tailgate so it would not slam down. I decided on getting the sport but the tailgate slams down. Was it my imagination what I saw on the larime or was my 2008 tailgate so heavy that the new one seems so much lighter?
Does the shock get in the way of anything? can it be easy to remove?

#39 ·
I'm not too sure if the Laramie's have a damper or not. I've never seen a tailgate damper listed as an option for the Ram's.
The shock does not get in the way of anything. When I was doing a test fit I thought it might hit my taillight covers. But, after install the shock doesn't hit anything. The shock can be removed very easily. It just connects with ball snaps at each end.

#40 ·
Thanks for the comment!! I actually got the idea from someone else.

#41 ·
Nice Very Nice
I would like to see pice of your engine cover
Thinking of doing mine and need good ideas

#42 ·
I just got my Recon smoked l.e.d. 3rd brake light today. I'm going to install it over the weekend. I'll have some pics too!!

#43 ·
Nice job on all your mods. Black is a pain to keep clean but IMO looks very sharp when detailed and with a few chrome accents. I have owned many vehicles in my day and never been complemented like I have with my Ram and by all different types of people. I am looking foward to seeing that 3rd brake light,I am getting ready to do some lighting mods myself.

#44 ·
Great lookin truck man. Stock, it's a spittin' image of mine. Really liking how some of those mods are lookin. I went with the BakFlip cover (due to ramboxes and I wanted a flush mount) and I have also de-badged mine. Will be checking back regularly to see what you continue to do, since my list is on hold...for awhile.

I tell you one thing, if I had the money...all my chrome would be black chrome, recon black lights all around and done!

#45 ·
Alright people I installed my Recon 3rd brake light and I'm really liking it. Just one question though....anyone know if the cargo light is supposed to stay on all the time? It's not fully lit, it's actually kinda dim but it's way brighter if I actually turn the cargo light on. Then after I shut the truck off and lock the doors it stays on for a minute and then turns off. Anyway, here's a couple pics. I'll also try to get a video to show you guys how it stays on.

Reactions: double0ram
#46 · (Edited)
Ok, here's a video of the Recon light. Not the best quality but it gets the point across.

The bluish light is the cargo light. You can see how it stays on. But like I said it's way brighter when I actually turn the cargo light on.

#55 ·
I don't know how I missed this thread previously... trucks come along nicely

The bluish light is the cargo light. You can see how it stays on. But like I said it's way brighter when I actually turn the cargo light on.

I think what you're seeing is where the cargo light is tied in to the dome light inside the truck. I don't have the recon, but my cargo light does stay on for a few when I either unlock the truck or open a door. So long as it doesn't stay on for a long time I wouldn't worry about it too much. If nothing else chock it up to the truck's personality.

I really like the engine cover. I just wish I had 1)the time to do something like that 2) the skills to do something like that 3)the facilities to do something like that

Exco

#47 ·
Anyone with a 4th gen have a Recon that could help me out?

#50 ·
Alright, so I FINALLY got some extra time on my hands and managed to finish my engine cover. Let me know what ya guys think please.........

Reactions: RockyRam
#52 ·
Thanks Kyle!! It was a lllooonnggg time in the making lol.

#54 ·
Thanks dude! I can't wait to see it in the sun. I paint matched the black with my truck so it should look nice and sparkly in the sunlight.

Reactions: Excoastie
#58 ·
1 can of Dupli-Color prep spray
1 can of Dupli-Color adhesion promoter
2 cans of Dupli-Color flame red
2 cans of Dupli-Color brilliant black
1 can of Dupli-Color clear coat

I did not use primer. Cleaned with prep spray, 1 coat of adhesion promoter, 3 coats of each color and 3 light coats and then a final heavy coat of clear.

#59 ·
see other post your going to need a heat paint under the first coat if not its going to bubble unless you dont do alot of driving it gets hot under there and the dupli color wont hold hold what i did was first coat was a the red break cal paint then wet sanded then applied the other paint followed by high heat clear another 6 hour trip and not 1 prob

#60 ·
I don't know bud, it's still holding up fine. Put about 600 miles on her after painting the cover. It's also been in the lower 90's the past week or so. I don't think that heat paint is needed with all the coats I put on that thing.:LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.