DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Turtle Wax Black Box

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  98sst 
#1 ·
I used Turtle Wax's Black Box today. If you don't want to read through all of my jib jab, just hear me out. BUY IT if your car is black, of course. It cost $23. Sounds like a lot... but think about it. Your getting 2 things of wax, and 2 detailers. It adds up.

You see, the black box contains 2 waxes, and 2 detailers, all of which contain black pigment. This helps fill in scratches and dings. I've came up with a list of Pro's and Con's.

Pro's:
-You'll have never seen or felt a smoother finish.
-Really revives the black
-Removes ALL swirl marks
-No circular motions needed when applying the wax. Thank god.
-The satisfaction!

Con's:
-Very strenuous work you have to use the 2 included waxes and 2 included detailing bottles
-Messy, looks and feels like oil. You will need gloves when applying most definately.
-We have huge trucks, not a little sedan. It says 2-3 hours for a sedan. Took me quite a while.

You just need patience. You WILL be impressed!

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry for all of you waiting on this thread, I posted them in the pictures section and forgot about this. Anywho, here they are as promised.

I promise this first shot is the reflection of my truck. I included the picture of the sticker to prove it.

I spy a Dodge Charger

Reflection on my hood

Down the side

up the side

Anybody with a black vehicle should highly consider this product! No consideration should even be needed. My truck is 12 years old, and been through hell in Washington state. Rain most of the year. And this is what I got my finish to.

Reactions: MightyBlueRam
#9 ·
Holy crap that shines like crazy. I will definitely look for that and get some!

#13 ·
I just got this stuff and will be putting it on soon...I see this posting was started in March last year....How long does it hold up in between waxes with it being so much work to use it? Both of your trucks look amazing so I had to try it...

#14 ·
I used this stuff on a single stage paint worked Ok.It's designed to hide the swirls not correct the paint,Id rather use a D/A and fix the paint the correct way.

Any way looks good,Good luck

#15 ·
Hey I remember when I made this post Lol. It did good between washes. Everytime it would look almost as good as it did the last time. it also says to use the detailing spray between washes. Just be sure you have plenty of time before washes. Id say a good month and a half or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.