DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram recalls

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  thumbuster2 
#1 ·
Well everytime I come on this forum I am asked to post my First post. Well here it is . I purchased a 09 ram Laraime from Glassford Chrysler in Ontario . GREAT DEALER!! I have owned over 10 Chevs and this is my first Dodge. Love the power and styling of this truck. Way more standard features then GM. Saying that. I have had countless warranty issues, which the Dealer has been more then happy to solve. I am a little concerned with the long term quality of my truck as I am nearing 60k. To date I have under warranty .replaced both bumpers due to rust issues, a complete rim change (twice) due to pealing problems,rearview camera replaced ,all door weather seals due to rust, both step side tubes due to rust issues,I now have paint bubbles on the front left fender that they are looking at. All the spot welds in the front of the box are rusting and were buffed and waxed as a solution,And the regular recalls . Is this normal. Powerplant is rock solid. Dodge seems to have problems with the cosmetic part of there vehicles. :doh:

#2 ·
Boy sounds like you bought a truck that was shipped in from Quam but im not sure i have a 2009 ram 2500 heavey duty and only have 23000 something and i havent driven it in the winter yet . the truck had 17000 something on it when i got I hope it doesnt rust like yours but this winter in Michigan will tell ill keep my eyes on my truck and see how it does. Good luck on yours.
Rick

#3 ·
wow do u have a lemon law there . bought my 09 1500 new have had no rust problems yet . have had other problems like cold weather knocks . which it still does but not worried because have life time warranty so if it falls apart they will have to fix it yes . among other things wrong .

#4 ·
I would seriously think about buying an extended warranty
down here we have lemon laws & other warranties that cover us
Up in Canada it is different

I bought a Maximum Care Lifetime warranty to go with my Lifetime Drive Train Warranty
now i am covered from bumper to bumper for life, except for normal wear parts

#5 ·
I have lived mostly in Maine and now in SC but let me tell you some of the differenced I have found in vehicles. I bought a used Ram last April in SC and went to Maine in June. I noticed mine looked pristine compared to trucks of that same year regardless of the make. The brine that is being used on roads in Maine as well as other parts of the northeast is rotting out vehicles at an alarming rate. I also saw that it was impossible to keep my truck clean..............without going on dirt roads. There is so much sheet in the air in Maine I was amazed. Worst part is the state can't do much about the air quality as it is mostly caused by the coal burning plants that spew into the air west of maine and settles with the rain.. Maine has lakes that are dead because of acid rain. But there is something they can change! That brine used on the roads (before it starts to snow) is a real hazard. I am in my 60's and can remember when there was little salt used but mostly sand or fine gravel, to aid in traction. We got around all right then but we also understood we could not drive as we did on dry, bare pavement. I know this is a long rant, lol, but check to see what is being used in your area for ice and snow removal. If they too are using this brine then I can tell ya it sure is adding to your corrosion problems. BTW, I am now back in SC for the winter and lovin it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.