DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Lowered 84 RamCharger

5K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  The War Wagon 
#1 ·
I have started with a RC that sat after being traded in for 18 years before I bought it for $250 5 years ago

The engine has been swapped to a 97' 5.9 Mag with a carb for now
I've replaced every wearable item in the suspension & brakes & lowered it with Van LCA's in the front & an axle flip in the rear

Here's how it looked after the original 318 was pulled

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Magnum with all the correct stuff to do the Magnum serpentine with A/C

The Edelbrock RPM which is the only intake that even comes close to doing the swap needs modification The heater outlet comes out under the A/C compressor so you have to drill & tap one

The kickdown cable kit & throttle cable bracket are from Bouchillion & allow use of my cruise control

Attachments

#11 ·
In upgrading to the Mag motor I wanted to EFI it in the future & besides when you use the Mag serpentine drive system there's no provision for a mechanical fuel pump leaving the only other choice to be electric in line

The pump I chose was a Carter EP4070 the requires a 3/8"-#6 line
I needed to upgrade my fuel line & here's how I done it

I bent another pickup tube & put a bulkhead fitting in my tank close to the original sender
Knowing that some time in the future I was going EFI it needed done anyway

I cut a slot at the top of the original pickup so I could use it for a return line

Attachments

#14 ·
One thing that I have learned over the last 30 years when drastically lowering or lifting a vehicle is that everything has to move
I have read hundreds of lowered threads & I seem to be the first to mention anything about moving all the E brake stuff when doing a axle flip

The simple relocation of the forward linkage & the cable bracket only requires redrilling three 3/8" holes almost 3" higher on the frame

The bracket is bolted on with 2 1/4" standoff style studs that incorporates the fuel pump mount that fits either a Carter or Aeromotive pump on the other side of the frame

Attachments

#19 ·
Ha! I'm torn between the pic of that 75 Fury wagon or the one with (I think) you and Frankie ...

Seriously looking forward to seeing more of the RC. Great build so far.

#20 ·
The wagon is a 59K original & I've pulled the motor to detail under the hood along with changing over to Magnum heads & Purple Stripe cam

Ol' Frank,he came to town for guest appearances at World of Wheels & I heard he was trying to buy a dual four 59' Vette project
I waited at the end of the line & let him know he could bring that Vette by the shop that I had & I could either appraise it or buy it from him

Attachments

#25 ·
Plans have changed

My 84 will receive this crossmember 2 3/4" higher in the frame along with redesigned strut rods & a Rack & Pinion

The goal being 8" drop in rear & 6" front using mostly all stock suspension or Chrysler made parts while retaining a almost stock ride
Here's today's pic before I start disassembling it again

#28 ·
Well, there ain't but 2 Ramchargers in here, so I figured I'd better bump this & see how you're coming along!

Keep me up-to-date on your Magnum upgrades. I have the performance ECU for mine, so I can run a hotter cam & lifters now. I'm looking more for torque than anything else, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.