DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#115 ·
I usually go through my dealership parts assistant manager. He deals with a lot of aftermarket parts and we get them cheap. We get parts through Grand West, Custom Truck Parts, Mopac and a bunch of other places. We get a hell of a deal from those companies.
What kind of tube steps are you looking for?

#116 ·
should be ordering a predator tuner pretty quick here as well as the MOPAR CAI and magnaflow exhaust :D

front tint will be booked pretty quick too, i really wanna leave the truck out too

then save for a set of rims/tires for next summer

#118 ·
Bedliner's from Dodge; came with the truck. Roll top is a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit.

I like the look and the functionality of the roll-top, but at speed, the air coming off the top of the cab makes it rattle and if you have the back window open, you can hear it. Airdrie Dealership dude says they all do that and even the guy at Pace Edwards in California says it's a "known issue" with some trucks.

Using a plastic liner (I liked the idea at first) keeps me from ever running a 5th wheel hitch. I'm prepared to lose some money in the switch, but it's not worth losing my shirt. If someone wants a roll-top and save a couple hundred bucks, then maybe we both get what we really want.

#125 ·
Hello Calgary Club, I just signed up

Bought my 1st Ram in June and have been driving with a grin ever since. Appreciate all the great information and contributions on this thread. Wanted to stop by and say hi! :Hey:

#127 ·
Hey guys, just joined up. I unfortnately wasnt able to afford a brand new hemi like most of you haha :( but I got a 1997 Ram 4x4 standard and love it so far. The body is beat to hell, no holes or pieces missing just scratched and a bit of rust here and there.

I actually just moved to calgary about 2 weeks ago I live in the SW area about 5 minute walk from chinook mall

#129 ·
Hey i'm new to this forum, just picked up a silver 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7L hemi from my buddy and i'm in Calgary (abbeydale). Noticed there's quite a few guys in the area with trucks and would be good to meet some more people with them to learn more about the truck.

Also figured this might be a good place to learn where some of the better places are for getting parts for these and what some of the better quality mods there are.

Right now the truck is almost completely factory, just a cold air intake, all 5 windows tinted, and a hard toneau cover on it. Gonna be looking into doing a couple things to it.

Also would be down for going for a beer and meeting some of the others if you guys will be getting together again.

-Brett

#131 ·
Hi Brett, welcome to the Calgary thread :Hey:. Hope you are enjoying your new ride. You will find the information contained throughout the forums extremely helpful, many thanks to the invaluable knowledge of the core contributors. I for one learn something new each time I stop by for a visit.

#148 · (Edited)
I Live in Mckenzie town also.
Looks like Im going to install some ARH headers In March for a member.
It will be for a 2009-2010 Hemi.
All are welcome.
I have already installed a set on my truck along with a Billy Boat muffler,and all I can say is I wish my truck sounded like this when I bought my truck.
I Live at 401 elgin way.
403-234-9863.
Ill post up when Im doing the headers/ muffler install when I get more info,and hopefully it will be warm enuff by then.
Im up for a spring meet,sounds like fun,
Cheers Grant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.