DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4th gen 4wd qc lowering options?

19K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  TSINND 
#1 ·
I am ready to finally order and install a lowering kit on 2012 big horn quad cab and it seems as if all of the kits are for 2wd trucks I want to lower my truck 2/4 at least and would even cut down my coils but would like to know if anyone else has done this and what the results were. I was thinking about the McG kit with spindles and cutting the coils another 2" front and back but i dont know if this would cause problems or not.

help me decide on what to do part numbers are helpful as well as pictures.

i understand that the mcg spindles put the front tire out 1/2" and the bell tech kit shifts the rear over 1/2" (should be fix from new braket) I havent looked into the groundforcce kit

4X4

#12 ·
GF is the only kit that's marketed for the 4wd... but the 2wd kits work just fine, you just won't have a parts warranty because it's "not the intended use". I am installing a McG's 2/4 kit on my '09 4wd and contemplating cutting the springs to a 3/5, which is about as low as you can take the front before you start having CV issues.

You will be at too much of an angle on your front CV joints and you'll wear them out or just plain ol' snap them when you put the pedal down in 4wd. I've seen it before, not pretty. You can always just do the spindles and get the rear spring kit, or just stick with springs, many ways to skin this cat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.