DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Houston Chapter Meet Discussion is Open

5K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  killerbee 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, it's that time again to get another GTG going. Tax refunds are getting paid out so I'm looking for some crazy mods y'all have up your sleaves at this coming meet. I'm thinking the next meet should bee either North/Woodlands or somewhere more centralized. I'll travel wherever so I don't care about the location. Suggestions, comments, and concerns are welcome. Let's make this one count. Here are some pics of our past meets just to show those who don't know that our Chapter is real and active. So far participation is our biggest challenge. In order by meet dates we have the Coffee & Cars Meet in Uptown Park/Galleria. Don Julio's Meet in Cypress. Stars Sports Bar Meet in Katy. Chili's Meet in Sugar Land. Pearland Town Center Meet in Pearland. The very first meet was at the Nifty Fifties Car Show in the Champion/North Houston Area but I can't find a pic for that one.

See less See more
#4 ·
HEY, I found the "Regional Section," heh.

Any how, I'm new to this, but I'm anxious and open to meet anywhere (eh... that is if I'm in town and it's not the wife's birthday or something)! Pick a date, time, and place and I'll be there. I did have one question... it seems pretty low-key, so does that mean I could bring my 4.5 year old once in a while? Or is it not kid friendly? I don't want to make it awkward for anyone, so just lemme know.

Thanks, Ed

#5 ·
Ed, I don't think it would be awkward at all for anyone! It's a family thing, kids like to see trucks too. I say the more the merrier!!!

#7 ·
It is Very kid friendly. The kids love seeing the trucks and all the crazy stuff we do to them. I love kids and always like seeing them at the meets. Mine are 17 and 18 so they are always off doing their own thing or I would bring my 17 y/o son.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm leaning to choosing a location that's centralized. I'm going to throw out an idea I've had for a meet location. What do you guys think of Hermann Park? There's some good parking by the zoo or the museums. The only possible downside is it could bee somewhat congested due to it beeing located in the heart of the med center. If we consider to do the meet on a Sunday, the traffic congestion should bee at a minumum vs. on a Saturday.

#10 ·
What ever works Bee, I agree Sunday might be a better day based on activeties etc. I have been bogged down with work the past few months and caught an upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago that had me down and out of work for a week. I dont know about any UNCLE SAM inspired MODS since he gets all mine anyway. I hope to have my headlights and tail lights by the next meet.
Are we going to try this month or early March?
In the past while I was a member of other truck clubs, I have gotten Dealerships to sponsor a meet at the dealership, they usually contribute door prises etc. Might be something to keep in mind for future meets.

#11 · (Edited)
We probably should strive to make this a March meet since this is a short month and already half way over. I'm open to getting a dealership to sponsor us. I'll call around in the near future to see who would bee willing to support us. I know for a fact another website with a Houston group already has Gillman Dodge as their sponsor so we may have to exclude them. BUT, beefore I go to any dealerships for sponsorship we need to bee a stronger group. Meaning, the participation level needs to bee reasonable consistantly. I not going to present Ram Forumz Houston Chapter to a Dodge Dealership and we're averaging 3 people/trucks a meet. We would look like a joke. Sorry, just my little rant.

#19 ·
I love the Herman Park idea. Now that football season is over my Sundays are free. I also like the idea of every couple of months having the meet at the dealership that sponsors us. We could have our monthly meet at HP and either every 3 mo. or 6 mo. have it at the dealership.

#30 ·
The 27th at Herman park works for me. Does somebody know of a spot or should I pull up Google Earth?

:beerchug:

#31 · (Edited)
here is a map of Hermann Park
http://www.hermannpark.org/pdfs/HP_map.pdf
I suggest the parking area near Lake Plaza on the East Side of McGovern Lake, its the only area with ample parking, but it is the parking lot the Houston Zoo uses. I might be able to do some scouting during lunch this week. Either that or on the South West corner near the Hermann Statue of Fannin and Cambridge Dr. might not be as crowded there and its near the entrance, lots of drive by traffic, there is a play ground close by for those with children.

#32 ·
I wish we could park by the Sam Houston Statue but it's all parallel parking in that area. So just to confirm, are we going with Hermann Park as the meet location? I need to know so I can start the official meet thread with the participation list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.