DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#917 ·
Holy hell!!! Was driving the kids home to Red Deer this evening so I could beat the storm coming, left at 5pm and get to Airdrie and my hood guard starts to blow off, pull over rip it off and toss it in the box. After a nerve wracking drive to Red Deer I drop the kids off and dredge the dreaded trip home, high wind, zero visibility whiteout conditions from Red Deer to Didsbury, I noticed the passenger headlamp moving??? Now I know the mounts are broken due to the accident, so I pull over just before Airdrie, check it, seems secure not going anywhere, just lose. So I continue onto Calgary homeward, and just as I get off the Stoney Trail off ramp, boom, I watch the damn passenger headlamp go flying off the truck. I pulled over into the ditch, drive back to see if I can find it. Oh I found it, she's worse for wear though hahaha. Looks like I'm getting into a rental tomorrow.

The big advantage I have, I work for a rental company that my insurance prefers, and running the commercial truck fleet means I can use a truck from my fleet. So I'm grabbing a BRAND NEW Ram 2500 seeing I don't have any 1/2tons available hahahaha

#918 ·
Yikes, yea the weather is brutal. Such a crazy turn too. I went to cochrane this afternoon to pick up my rims and I was in a t-shirt with the window half down. Got home and by 5pm the wind had picked up and within an hour there was a 26 degree drop in temperature. If the visibility wasn't so bad I'd go check on my horses but I can barely see my truck in the driveway right now.

The 2500 got a diesel? ;) That's the perk I get at work is free rentals. I just charge it to the shop. Glad ya made it home safe though. Who needs headlights anyways haha.

#919 ·
LOL,man that Red Deer trip would of been a nightmare last night.
Chris if you want my phone number for the next time you need to stop on the highway by Airdrie pm me.
I'm not far from Canadian Tire /RCSS easy to get to,if you're coming south and need a place to check things out after dark.No garage,but at least theres light
Rick

#920 ·
Thanks Rick, I have HIDs in the fogs and headlamps, so I had visibility, just sucks I've lost most of my good lighting tearing the truck down to prep it for body repair. I was glad I was in the city at least, but thank you for the offer.

I have 2 new 2500 in the yard, I think 1 is diesel which I will be grabbing. Then again I have pretty much anything 1 could drive. Haha

#921 ·
I had my driver side wind deflector fall out yesterday when I opened my window. And then both wiper blades broke off, was entertaining not causing a giant pile-up on McKnight when I had just gotten covered by semi spray and the sun was blasting me from the west. Then one of the new blades broke off on my way home again.

#925 · (Edited)
Hornet, yes it fits the 1500 as well, diemenz has one of mine, took all of a few minutes to modify to fit, I have one on my 1500.

Basically you eliminate the lower connection point by removing the stitching and it does what it needs to as per the oem factory specs which show to remove the lower stitching to fit 1500's haha lol

#928 ·
I haven't heard back from Chris yet Heather.
Talked to him by phone this morning about meeting up this afternoon,but i haven't heard from him since.
Told him i'd take it,so i'm waiting for his call.
I doubt i'll pass it up though,i'm a firm believer in winter fronts,lol:smileup:
Rick

#929 · (Edited)
I have 4 available gang. (BRAND NEW)

no snaps, oddly enough dodge does not inform anyone these fit the 1500's. What it is, the upper and lower sections of the cold front come apart by a single heavy red stitch. The cover then slides down each side of the grill surround. No snaps, no modding your truck. On and off when you need it,

I've had mine on this winter.

But I have 4 available, 1 for Rick, Cherry I have 1 aside for you if you want it.

#930 ·
Just a thank-you to Chris for the winter fronts.

I was expecting a used cover for the price,and was i ever surprised to find out,they are brand new in the pouch Ma Mopar winter fronts.
Surprised enough,i bought 2 ,lol:smileup:

Definitely a good deal Heather.

Thank-you Chris
Rick

Now i want to see his Challenger,lol:smileup::smileup:
It sounds pretty impressive,and i have a pile of respect for anybody who has the gumption to go against the grain and be a pioneer.

#931 · (Edited)
2 Sold - 2 left, and are available anytime. Takes all of 2-5 mins to install on Ram 1500's with no modifications to your truck, no holes to drill, and no snaps.

Sorry gang I did forget to mention these are BRAND NEW with the leather bags to store them away in the spring.

Thanks Rick, sorry I did forget to mention they are new hahahah. Glad you are happy, thank you for the compliment on the car, i take pride in turning an underdog into a contender with the big boys, tends to give them one hell of a shock when they find out what's really under the hood hahaha.

#932 ·
I might be able to sell one more for you Chris.
Have another neighbour i think might be interested.
When he's back in abit,i'll try my salesmanship on him for you,lol:smileup:.

When it warms up,and the car is back on the street,i'm definitely up for a ride in it:smileup::smileup:.

You have peaked my curiousity you might say,lol.
Rick

#937 ·
Almost done. Converter is in, thought the heads and cam were going in but there is an issue with the cam. I left the intake cam as the ver 1.1, and upgraded the exhaust cam to the ver1.2, bug they sent the wrong cam hahahaha, apparently it's being shipped this week.

#942 ·
Chris,

thanks for the info for Greenwood Rentals!! That man is a class act, helped me out with the trailer.

On that note.

Picked up the 24ft enclosed trailer and left the city at 9:15 am, drove to Salmon Arm, BC. Flat front so the wind drag was pretty brutal, the wind was sketchy when it was empty and crappy roads in the mountains were not fun at all. $215 in gas to get there. Loaded the couches/bed, then the 95 Eagle Talon, then all of her boxes and such, turned around and drove back to Calgary. It weighed me down a little which pointed my nose up a bit, since it was night time with crappy weather I threw the fogs on, got over 30 highbeams from truckers on the way home. another $250 in gas... got back into the city at about 1am.

1200km, 15 hours, 2 energy drinks and a sore butt later, friend is here and not grateful at all...

moral of the story, dont go out of your way for just anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.