DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,762 ·
I think i might actually do a Castrol run on Friday. It'll be blower only as AJ and I are still working on one more iteration before we put a big nitrous shot to it. Still only pulling to 6100 before the belt starts to slip though which really sucks, so it's only sitting at 10lb of boost. I just wish I had somewhere to store my street tires so I can bring the drag radials and run the smaller diameter; know anybody selling an enclosed 6x4 trailer?

#1,763 ·
Bring them with you Kurtis.
Joe/Lawrence/Brian and i have a spot where we normally park and everybody changes their tires.
There's always somebody around,so the tires are safe from prying fingers:smileup:

Are you bringing Mel with you,Di is coming with me,so she's hoping somebody else brings their better half with them:smileup:.

I've been leaving Airdrie about 3:00 on the last couple trips

#1,766 ·
Awright,it'd be good to have another Calgary member up there Chris:smileup:.
Gonna see what the ScatPack kits have added i see,lol.
Do you know if Dave or Clayton want to come along,i can't post on the LX board,don't suppose you'd like to put a post up over there.
I'd like to see what Claytons Kittycat will run:LOL:

What time are you planning on leaving Kurtis,i could leave earlier then 3:00 if you wanted to go up a little early to change tires.
The earlier the better sometimes,the QE2 can be a nightmare on Friday afternoons.
Last week was great,i had the cruise set between 144 and 151 in places,and made it up in a little over 2 hours,but i've also had to sit on the highway for upwards of an hour if there's any accidents.

#1,768 ·
I thought you were still supposed to be on light duty ya bandit:LOL:
I'm probably out for next week Dave,taking the boss to Shania Twain on Thurs.
Been getting myself some brownie points lately,so i'm in the good books.
Also took her out to Stettler last Sunday and we did the old time train ride from Stettler to Big Valley,with the mock train robbery.
If you guys haven't done it,it's definitely worth checking out,it's very enjoyable:smileup:

Kurtis i don't know if you have a helmut.
They do rent them.
But you can also get away with using a cheap helmut from somewhere like Canadian Tire,they don't really care much about whether it's Snel rated,all they care about,is that you have something on your head

#1,769 ·
I've got my Crappy Tire special sitting in the garage, I bought it after my last event in the old truck because I hated sharing helmets with umpteen thousand people's head sweat. It's still new since I've never been back since then. I'm planning on heading up around 3, should be able to get the new dual adjustable shocks in the truck before I leave so I'm hoping it's going to be a nice a smooth ride tomorrow, might have to stop a few times and play with the settings.

#1,771 · (Edited)
Been wanting new shoes for my truck and today went and bought a set of 20"s off kijiji (I believe they are aluminium) - Anyone know where to get a great deal on tires? ... Never realized there were so many places to get tires before I googled it.

EDIT : Also anyone know where I could get them plasti-dipped or whatever? ... I saw some that were black chrome online somewhere, how do I get that done?

#1,774 ·
Well the family fleet is now ALL domestic. Said goodbye to the FJ Thursday night, she's gone to new home. Was a great vehicle but the family has grown out of it.

So we have the 14' Dodge Challenger, the 14' Ram 2500 and now we welcome 15' Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited to the fleet. Already modding the new rig lol......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.