DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calgary members

153K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  Helram 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

new to the site and new to the truck..

Picked up a 2009 Ram Sport at the beginning of November..

LOVE THE TRUCK!! need to get rid of the limiter tho!

wondering if there are any calgary guys on here??

#1,789 ·
Actually turned out to be a decent meet,7 trucks showed up,a couple from your town Heather.
4 were Berta trucks,but a pretty decent group of guys.
They want to do a meet Saturday night at the Timmies on Barlow if your interested Heather,depending on how things go Saturday,i might take a run down,been awhile since I've been down there on a Saturday night
Chris you doing the Drum run on Saturday afternoon,i was thinking I might make the run out to.

#1,805 ·
This is cool. Surfed on here for hours and hours but had no idea there was a Calgary area specific thread.

Unfortunately my truck is having reconstructive surgery at the moment after a deer who did not realise that she could not occupy the same space at the same time as my front end was occupying said space.

That being said if someone wants to point me in a good direction for an aftermarket hood that's less than $1800 I'd appreciate it.

#1,808 ·
Dodge dealerships have an "assesory" line of certain parts.IDK if that's the correct spelling or if buddy even said it right but that's how it sounded. Certain highly desired parts that are pricey are in this line. Supposedly they are exact matches for OEM and sold thru dodge parts.

1 story I got from a dealer is the parts are identical in every way.....the body shop didn't know about them and looked into it and found while they match identically they are made of a lighter compound. I don't know which is true. The body shop got me an "assesory" sport hood for $800 while the OEM sport hood price he got was $1600. If you call any dealership chances are the prices you will get are $1075 and $1900 respectively....I guess the body shop got them at cost and didn't jack up the price.

For comparison the plain OEM hood is $630 and there is no assesory plain hood. There are assesory fender flares that are much cheaper than OEM though.

So I will have the sport hood, a T-Rex grill, black tinted headlamps with LED running lights and a Go Rhino off road bumber when its finished. And it's going to end up being less than the original estimate approved by my insurance company so I won't have a deductible and maybe cash back. Not sure how that works because my understanding is the bodyshop gets paid whatever the original estimate was and I'll be damned if I let them keep the extra money...lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.