DODGE RAM FORUM banner

cst 7'' lift or billstein leveling shocks??

2K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  marshallsmith44 
#1 ·
so im kind of stuck and cant make my mind up, i want to do the 7'' kit for my 07 2wd but i have been thinking it may be worth it to sacrifice the look and save some coin and do the leveling shocks and run 33s instead of 35s, im goign to be running RBP wheels 20by9 and going to get some 33s, will this look ok with only a leveling kit on a 2wd? or should I suck it up and get the 7'' kit, or if anyone knows of a different 2wd kit i could do let me know. opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

#8 ·
if you want to save money save it on those rbp wheels. stupid money for what they are.

#10 ·
i'm not sure what model you are looking at from rbp but consider, xd, moto metal, fuel, ballistic, american eagle etc... there are so many wheel companies its not even funny.

#14 ·
keep looking, i bet you will find something. xd makes a bunch of nice looking wheels. i had the black hoss on my last truck and i think i'm going to go with those again on my new ram.

#16 ·
yeah the diesels are real nice. rbp makes nice stuff but i don't think they look all that great for the price. bmf makes a better looking wheel in the same price range.

#17 ·
yeah i agree the bmf stuff is really nice but the i like the novaccaine 8s and im 5 lug so im out of luck lol, its between the diesels and the rbps right now, im trying to figure out if the billstein leveling shocks will work for a 2wd now bc i think i want to go level kit and 33s for awhile then go with a bigger lift and 35s or 37s

#18 ·
2wd, I'd go leveling. I think its overkill unless you're going to do a longarm prerunner or something.

#20 ·
do a long travel kit or mid travel if its made, essentially make a ram runner, now that would be awsome. i love the pre runner look, i just have no use for a 2wd truck in new england.

#22 ·
Aww, just go for the 6" lift if you really want to get it up there. Buck up the 3k or so and lift her. Sounds like thats what you really want deep down anyway.

#24 ·
have to pay to play bro.

#25 ·
Ouch. When I saw the $4500 he wanted for wheels tires, and 6" lift It hurt too. Thats why I went with a 2.5" front and rear leveling kit and am going to drive these tires bald and save up for new wheels tires. If I want to lift it down the road, I'll save up another couple grand and do the lift but by then maybe things will get a bit cheaper. I don't mind driving around fairly stock for awhile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.