DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Removing air dam?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  maust1 
#1 ·
Alright so I want to ditch this air Dam on the front of my 3rd gen and need to know the easiest way to remove it other then breaking it off. Thanks everyone .

#2 ·
Im not sure how it's mounted exactly. I accidentally broke mine off. Best bet is to crawl under there and look. I know bolts or whatever they are that hold it on are still there. If i remember i'll take a look and let you know what they are made of and how they are attached.

I say break it :LOL: jk

#4 ·
It's held on with screwed friction clips. The outside clips are pretty easy to reach, but the ones on the inner part of the bumper are PITA to get to because of the lip and where the bumper mounts to the frame. I dipped my bumper a few weeks ago and looked it to taking it off to spray, but discovered it would be more of a pain than taping.

#7 ·
I believe it's different on the chrome bumpers, but on my painted bumper it was all one piece. It had a metal bracket that held the center to the bumper, so I unbolted that and cut the lip off with a grinder, then smoothed it out with a dremel and sandpaper. I personally think it looks much better now.

#10 ·
i noticed no difference in MPG. I'm sure there is a slight change in airflow around/under the truck..but negligible in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.