DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wheel Hub question replacement

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  panhead 
#1 ·
Three questions.
1.I know my hub is bad. So going to replace it, but two questions what brand do you recommend. I see the Timkin ones have a 3 yr warranty?
2.And when i look up parts how do i know if i have 4 wheel ABS. I have front ABS because i see the harness. I dont see a harness in the rear or is it controlled by the valve on the fender?
3. Can you buy new spline bolts for the hub or go to a junk yard. one of the heads is messed up but will come out.
2001 Dodge Ram 4x4, 3 in lift, 5.9 liter Laramie Package

#2 ·
1. Timkin is a very well known bearing company. They make a wide range of bearings. You'll find Timkin bearings on the railroad.

2. the rear ABS sensor is on the pumkin

3. you can find the bolts in the junkyard. just make sure you take a 12-point 9/16" socket/box end wrench, not a 6-point socket...

#3 ·
I have the same 2001 Ram 1500 4WD 318 5 speed. I ordered a timken sp550102 which is for the 4 wheel abs and I believe I have the 2 wheel abs system and should have ordered the HA599863. I have to verify for sure what system I have(should have made sure before ordering) but when I had the left front replaced I was sure they said I had 4 wheel abs. My question is will the 4 wheel abs hub and bearing I bought work or is it completely different?? I ordered my unit from autopartswarehouse and they have a 20% restocking fee!!!! Thanks for any info.

#7 ·
Take out your old hub, compare it. If it looks identical, it might just work. No idea if those hubs are for specific year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.