DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Craigslist find

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  chithead 
#1 ·
I was searching Craigslist for some used meats, I lucked up and found a set of 305/75/17 Maxxis Bighorn's for a $100.

Anyway, on to the pics.

I also put in a Galaxy DX 919 CB radio and 102" whip.

I plan on going out some time this weekend and testing out the new tires and I'll add those pics later.

Anyway, let me know what ya'll think

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

I originally got the CB because it was required to ride with my off road club, but after I got it and got into it, I started really enjoying it and upgrading.

The Galaxy has a Top Gun speech compressor and speech modulation modifications and tuned up to 40 watts. I can talk about 25 miles consistently.

I hope to get her a little dirty, it's been raining here for about 3 days, so that Ga clay ought to be about right. :smileup:

#7 ·
Those are nice lookin' man, nice find! And yeah, I enjoy the CB, too, especially since I work with nothing but truckers, so they all know me....they just don't always see me coming, lol! Truck looks great, so get some mud on them new tires, lol! :D

- Cajun :pepper:

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys and gals.

The tires are surprisingly not that noisy, that could be in part due to the dumped Flowmaster 44.
They still have a nice mellow hum to em, but it's not the loud roaring hum I was hoping for :gy:

I didn't get to get her dirty yesterday as it started raining while I was looking for a good place to take pics, but it's gonna be sunny today, so stand by :wow:

Maddog, the only lift I have as of now is a PA 3" bodylift, I plan on doing coils and rear leaves soon. I want to get it about 3" higher so I can clear some 315/75/17 and still have room for the suspension to articulate out on the trails.

The 3.55's will be swapped out at that time also for a set of 4.56's and a Lock-rite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.