DODGE RAM FORUM banner

95 ram 1500 trans question

712 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ramvan2500 
#1 ·
We're can I go to get upgraded parts to build the trans to handle some abuse.
Truck is a 2wd 5.9 1500 plan on making it run in the high 13's and doing some sliding and burn out wife has forbidden a manual swap. I have searched and and can find good stock rebuild kits but would like a little peace of mind. Thanks for the info.

#2 ·
Well I usually get parts from makcotransmissionparts.com as far as brands, alto frictions and steels, the red eagles and kolenes. I like clevite bearings and transtec seal kits. They have allot of those parts, most parts they don't list on their website, you have to use universal part numbers.

Pay close attention to the overrunning clutch, you can modify the one installed by drilling holes and tapping in the outer race then using extended bolts that go through the OD piston retainer that bolt into that race. This will help prevent the race from spinning within the case. There are plenty of other things I can tell you to do, but they are all listed in other posts I have made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.