DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TPMS Problems

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff McGuire 
#1 ·
The other night driving and the TPMS warning light pops on. I flip over and look and both rear wheels are registering nothing. The next day they register fine but every time since then when i get in the truck the dash tells me to service the tire pressure system. All tires are within spec too. Anyone have any ideas. The only thing i turned up on a search was possibly the HID's messing with them. But if that is the case why only the rear?

#3 ·
Haven't voided it yet, but am just about ready to!
My only concern with the dealer is that I've already put aftermarket wheels on it. Afraid they are going to say tuff luck you changed the wheels.

#4 ·
My TPMS light came on a few times for no reason as well. I checked all the tires and they were perfectly fine. Might just be a little glitch. Since then I've unhooked the battery multiple times for other projects (which reset the computer) and I haven't had any problems since. Have you tried unhooking the battery for a couple minutes to reset the computer and see if it fixes it?

#6 ·
Little update. One of my ballasts had broke the mounting tab so i fixed that. They are mounted on the bottom of the core support so they are grounded and i haven't had a problem since. After so many key cycles the service message goes off and has stayed off. Now i have noticed that the little tire light will come on for a second when i first turn the truck on with the lights on auto but it never triggers the message. We will see if after a long drive it stays off.

#7 ·
Now i have noticed that the little tire light will come on for a second when i first turn the truck on with the lights on auto but it never triggers the message. We will see if after a long drive it stays off.
This is what is going to happen if you are running HID's...My light comes on for a sec then cuts off and never get a message. Just one of the finer things that come along with running them...lol...Anyway, no need to worry!

#8 ·
Was out driving saturday night and i lost signal from the rear tires again. It only happens after the lights have been on for a while (30 minutes +/-). The good thing is the service tire pressure system is not back on for 5 days like last time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.