DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What tire shine?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Leadfootluke 
#1 ·
OK, there may be a thread on what the best to use is but I searched and feel real lazy this evening so I'm saying there isn't a thread! :gy:

Anyway, my Mistress' first wash was from a local but very good auto car wash. They have some sort of tire shine (whitish in color in generic bottles) that after I drove home approximately 5 miles, I had spots all over both sides!! :SHOCKED: Since then, I've washed it myself and have tried Eagle 1 tire shine, Armor-all, Turtle Wax, and one or two others. It seems that no matter how long I let it dry or lightly I use any of these products, I get those same d@mn spots fly up off the tires on the sides. I love the look of the "wet tire" but not at the expense of these spots and what it might do to the finish.

Is there anything out there, and/or a method I should use to get the look I desire without the tires throwing it all over the sides?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Tony

#2 ·
I use Mothers Back to Black,, works for me

#6 ·
True about letting your tires dry completely before applying the tire shine. That's probably why it's spinning off the tires.

#10 ·
Thanks all! It sounds like I haven't been letting the tires dry long enough. I will try them again (since I have them sitting on the shelf) and see which I like the best.

Thanks again!!!

#11 ·
shiney monkey has a tire shine out and iv used it once before but you can spray it on and drive away as soon as your done with no splatter over the side of your truck but i havnt been able to find it since i had that 1 can

#12 ·
Most tire shines that are silicone based will sling easier than water based, but they also last longer. Basically; clean the tires well, let them dry, apply the dressing, wipe off any excess, let the dressing dry and you should be good to go.

Any dressing that is applied right before you drive away is going to "sling" and make a mess of your paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.