DODGE RAM FORUM banner

SRT 10 hood

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  HemiLonestar 
#1 ·
I have an SRT 10 hood on my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn and would like to figure out how to get it hooked up. Everytime I go to find the right part or to purchase it my computer doesnt take me to the right page.

#5 ·
Not worth it. I bought it a few months back and it fit horribly. I returned it within a couple of days. The only good thing that came out of it was that Volant sent me a new airbox and filter for my troubles.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the scoop was not intended for Ram Air, but just to be used open to help cool the engine bay.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info..

I believe Dodge actually came out with a "tunnel" that bolted onto the hood and dumped the air right on top of the filter, but I believe that piece alone was around $300 and I could not find it anywhere..

I believe even on the SRT-10 trucks, the scoop in the hood just lets cold air into the engine bay. I woudl have thought that they would make it fully functional.

#9 ·
Actually it was more like this..

I only seen it on one truck that was being sol don Ebay, and that person claimed that this was the prototype. I could not find it anywhere else still for sale, but they ran for about $300 when they were being sold. I believe it was a Mopar part, not sure why they did away with it..

That piece would bolt on to the bottom of the SRT10 hood and dump the air onto the air cleaner.

The one listed above I believe is a prefilter so that dirt does not get pushed to the air cleaner.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.