DODGE RAM FORUM banner

3.7 idle misfire.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  grayghost291 
#1 ·
Hi i have a question. Ever sence it started getting cold out i been getting the cel and it would say a random misfire, sometimes it may say which cylinder. But so far its got 6 new coil packs and i think the cheaper spark plugs and i can hear a slight tick from the passenger side then it will go away and come back.... But after i replaced the coil packs anytime i have it in 6th gear i would have to put the pedal to the floor and i would still lose power could hold speed so i would have to down shift... It sometimes has the power and is really responsive and then other times its like it has no power in 6th. Thinking maybe replace the plugs again and we ran some lucas stuff thru the gas and i had it running in the drive way and checked the exhaust and i had some black stuff all over the ground that was in the aim of the exhaust but it hasnt done that sence... Just tryin to figure something out.. thanks

#3 ·
I am so sorry i didnt even know you had responded it dont get any notices.. Is that the 89octane? If so i just put that in the other day 20 bucks worth and it seemed more peppy but i had the misfire come back but i re-cleared it and it hasnt came back today.. What do these trucks require are the motors temper mental? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.