DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My new 3.7

8K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Woodnei 
#1 ·
Hey guys! just recently got my 3.7 manual. looking for some ugrades as its completely stock other than the wheels.. trying to stay as cheap as possible.. looking for maybe some extra grumble in the exaust and a cheap velcro roll up tonnaue cover. maybe some nerf bars of some sort.. CAI and maybe something else to help with some power.. ive been reading for days on seperate threads in here but wanted to see something posted all in one thread. thanks for opinions or if you have anything willing to let go cheap let me know!

See less See more
#12 ·
Definitely a sweet looking truck, love the wheels! Lots to build on there for sure! :smileup:

- Cajun

#13 ·
good looking truck always been one of my favorite colors for RAMs I almost got a color like that. Like others have said before the big 3 cai, cat-back and programmer wont break the bank but will have very noticable differences btw ups for the manual ! :]

#14 ·
I also have the 2007 ram with 3.7 manual. I was disappointed with gas millage. I had a 95 318 manual with 250 k + and still got 19+ mpg city and 20+mpg highway. Now I get low 17 city and almost 18 highway. Before my 95 I had a 79 225 slant 3 speed manual with overdtive that got 20+ city and 22+ highway. Although the 2007 has more lover than the 79. The millage is quite disappointing. I am wondering how this 3.7 will react to a 392 rear end????

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know but thought it might be much slower on take off causing me to ride the clutch. Do you think it will make the millage to get worse? And what about the highway? Mine will lose power going up the smallest hill. I was so disappointed with this. I found that premam gas helped. And when I was at the dealer he set the computer.for the after market.20's I say after.market. but they are older ram rims.

#17 ·
I also have a 3.7L. 2004 I've put a cold air intake and dumped flow master looking to buy the hypertech programmer but I want more power than just a programmer I've also put a leveling kit and 35's so I'm needing the programmer to recalibrate my speedometer that's the main reason for purchasing it. But there's gotta be more than exhaust intake and programmer any suggestions?

#19 ·
Hey guys I saw some posts about the hypertech programmer. I have a 02 3.7 but I usually have about 1500lbs in the bed. I have a pool company and was curious if the programmer would be a good upgrade for my mileage and maybe just just a little bottom end. Im not looking to make a lot of power but just make her run more efficient.

#20 ·
I just got a K&N cold air for my 3.7 and it really pepped her up and my milage has gone up. Only had it on there for a week and a half so I don't have any real milage figures yet. I also have a flowmaster 40 with stock piping, just spliced the 40 in place of the stock muffler and it sounds great. She is a bit loud 2000-3000rpm but actually quiets down above 3000 so pulling those steeps grades she's still tolerable. There's my two cents on all this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.