DODGE RAM FORUM banner

3.7 modding help!!!

10K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  kmccune 
#1 ·
I've had my ram quad cab v6 for about 3 years and I want a few more ponies outta it

Are there any cams/gears/chips/programmers/etc that as anyone has found?
Already have k&n CAI and flow master exhaust
Budget isn't really an issue

If possible send links too

#2 ·
Hypertech 52501 for a programmer. All kinds of options for gears. Go to airram.com for 3.7/4.7 stuff. You'd have to get custom cams ground, but I don't know if you can custom tune your PCM, so if you do get custom cams ground they might have to be mild enough to run with canned tuning.

#7 ·
I have had roughly the same thought about getting more out of the 3.7. One thing I read (in AllPar I believe) was turboing. It requires a change in pistons. However that being said the 3.7 is not supported anymore and from what I have been reading there really isn't that much you can do with it. Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

#9 ·
It will bolt to it (early model Liberty's had 45RFE's behind the 3.7 before they went to the 42RLE). Your problem will be programming, unless maybe you can get an 02-early 03 PCM (can't remember if they have separate PCM/TCM or not) to work right. Contact Chris Squier at hotwireauto.com, they may have done something like this already. This is where I am sending my harness for conversion to an 05 setup.

#11 ·
When it grenades,maybe its possible to put a Pentastar in there,I mistakingly bought one in a new Dakota and have regretted it ever since,it seems like Dodge did everything possible to dumb it down,they didnt even put an electric fan on it and to top everything off,they stuck a lousy performing 4 spd auto behind it,wish now I would have at least got a six speed,the cai and turbo muffler didnt seem to help it either,the power of a large four with the gas mileage of a large v8,plus the other problems I've had,dont think Dodge will get any more of my hard earned money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.