DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2004 3.7 troubles

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Capal 
#1 ·
Hey guys..I'm new to this forum and I'm glad to be part of it:smileup:. I'm a new owner of a dodge ram and I have owned it for about 9 months now. It had 76,000 miles on it and I stole it at $3,000. It always had a rough idle and and now it seems to get worse and worse. Now it idles high at 1,000 - 1,500 rpm..and it gets around 9 mpg and really am paying for it..is there a way I can boost mpg? And does any one know what is wrong with the idle? It idles rough but drives smooth..it has e3 spark plugs and a k&n air filter to help it get 12 mpg now, I just changed my oil in my differential. I think I gained 1 mpg more. Then I have an Abs light on. I changed the rear speed and abs sensor, but nothing happened. The light is still on. The last problem, I purchased a hypertech tuner for the 3.7 I've tried getting to work, I did updates and everything. However it still say cannot read computer. And I've talked to tech support and they said that I may have an electrical interference or a key ignition problem.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and the Ram Family Capal :wave:

You did steal that, Well Done :smileup:

Good Luck on your issues !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.