DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ready monitors and check engine light!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  eparayno 
#1 ·
Hi guys new member. My dad bought a used 2007 3.7 standard cab Ram with 122,000 miles recently and I am going through everything and replacing what needs to be replaced. But of course there is no user manuals or even the tool/jack kit!

P0507 came up out of the blue, it's for high idle but according to my scanner the idle fluctuates between 650-700 rpm, what is the idle supposed to be for the 3.7? The code is supposed to come on if idle rpm is 200+ so is idle 500 rpm? The truck runs fine and idles smooth, nothing erratic and no surging.

I reset the PCM and that cleared the light and readiness monitors and I was hoping the PCM just needed to re-learn. The truck cant be smogged due to the readiness monitors resetting everytime I clear the code on my scanner now BUT everytime the monitors become ready the check engine light will come on and its alway just P0507.

Ive cleaned the throttle body, which did nothing,IAT sensor and quickly looked for vacuum leaks but I will do a more in-depth look later on. I ordered a new PCV valve and I will be doing a thorough check of the vacuum lines.

What should I look for? Is 700 rpm too high an idle rpm? Like I said earlier though the idle is steady and there is no surging or fluctuating. Cold start is about 1200 rpm then settles at 700 on the rpm gauge. Im in San Diego so the weather is always warm and consistent if that matters.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.