DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Attn: Remerson!!! Help!!!

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
I've been reading the forum and feel like you are my salvation. Here's the dea l have a overheating problem. Here's how it went down. One random day my truck just shot to the red on the temp guage while one the highway. i thought maybe the coolant was low so i took the cap off to top it off, everything shot out. I waited till it cooled off and put more coolant in it. figured what the hell, let me check the oil too. checked the oil and it was like two quarts low. i filled the oil to the desired level and headed out. i got maybe 2 miles down the road and she overheated again. while on the side of the road i took the thermostat out thinking it should run cooler. NOPE!! Still got hot and went back to the red. Took it to Firestone and they said it was the fan clutch, or the waterpump. I replaced BOTH and she is still overheating! No anti-freeze smell, no oil in coolant, no coolant in oil, no black smoke and no loss of power.

What do you think Guru?:4-dontknow:

#13 ·
get your radiator rodded i did this and they found out it was blocked up really bad i had to replace it and now its smooth sailing
if your egr valve is bad it would stall out randomly i had to replace that already and it would throw a check engine light on the dash.
the radiator is what im thinking is the issue i had the same issues with it overheating on the freeway.
the radiator shop will most likely check it for free so u might as well if u catch it soon enough they might be able to rod it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.