DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Gonefishin776's Build Thread

22K views 298 replies 18 participants last post by  gonefishin776 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm going to start a build thread to keep track of everything. Although it isn't much at this point. Things will start to fall into place moving into the spring hopefully. So here goes nothin! (it isn't necessarily in the correct order at first since I'm just starting it now. But from here on out it will be.)

Here she is still sitting on the lot at the dealership. Yes, that is my mother in the shot.

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemI
#2 ·
Next I got the windows tinted. 20%

#3 ·
Next I got Flowmaster 40 series muffler/dual exhaust. I had a picture of the rear end with my angled out pipes but I can't find it. Then I installed a aFe Stage 2 intake.

#4 ·
Then I debadged...

#6 ·
Good looking truck! :smileup: still thinking about getting rid of the chrome?? O, and rep points for finally starting a build thread :rep:

#8 ·
Yeah still going to experiment with that. realistically I'll probably just black out/remove the door moldings and leave everything else as is. Whenever I get black wheels, I'll just make sure it has some chrome to compliment the bumpers. and thanks for the rep

#9 ·
love what you've done! :rep:

#10 ·
Adding the bumper replacement I had to do. Not much of a mod...unless you consider my lack of an air-damn and no proper license plate mount a mod.

#11 ·
Yea. you going to keep the bumper chrome too?? That would look good. what kind of wheels are you thinking?

#12 ·
Not sure to be honest. They got moved pretty far down my list. Tires are a sure thing as soon as I can afford them (probably after tax return). So I'll be rollin around on a level/tires for a good while probably before wheels. Which is fine with me. There are a lot of wheels I like..like the XD series..but everyone has them...I can tell you right now...they WON'T be rockstars haha.

#15 ·
those would look really good. the black and chrome look would be awesome with your truck

#17 ·
Got these in the mail today :)

Going to get them installed hopefully soon. Just gotta get this rounded lug nut off and my tie rods on. Sounds like a good weekend project.

And thanks Fast!

#19 ·
I know man. It'll honestly be the first time me and my buddy have tackled something this big by ourselves..and it's not even THAT big. Just different that the usual pads/rotors/tie rods. (usually had my step dad around to help, and even then we only did a level kit once, broke the strut in the mean time and had to replace them...that was years ago). So hopefully I can find time this weekend. We have family coming in, and a gun show in town. So don't be disappointed if I don't find time! I will try my best though!

#20 ·
boooooo are those 5100's?? i cant put them on mine hahah which reminds me, i need to change my shocks...mine suck!

#21 ·
Why can't you put them on yours??

#22 ·
2wd :(.....thanks for reminding me!

#23 ·
That's lame haha. No Problem. Hop on that!

#24 ·
update up on how they ride! what are you going to set them at?

#25 ·
I will for sure. I think I'm going to gamble and go max setting. I think I've read more about them being fine at max. Plus I think I just set my mind on 35x12.50x20 federal courgaria MTs. So I want to get as much height as I can. I'll probably have to do some trimming from what I've gathered. They are cheap and have pretty decent reviews even from off-roaders. For $1100 shipped I'm sold.

#26 ·
nice man, that'll be a nice addition to the truck! yea alot of the guys here run them maxed out, youll do great!

#28 · (Edited)
#31 ·
how do you like your sc?? did it wake your truck up? i cant justify myself to getting one yet

#32 · (Edited)
to me turning off MDS was worth the $288. Hated it. I ran the mileage xs tune or w/e for a few weeks. Didn't notice a terrible difference. Although the trip I took after installing it I got 18-19 highway going through mountains. But then it was inconsistent coming home and then the 700 mile trip the florida the next week. I could notice the truck was sluggish with that tune..to be expected. Then I installed 91 octane tune. Here's where I can't decide how much it woke her up...although it is improved over stock. I feel like I need to run the stock with the 0-60, 1/4 timing function the SC has, then turn over to 91 tune and repeat to get some numbers. Because I just can't tell for certain. I feel like the truck is about to lift off the ground when i stand on it, but then my buddy who rides with me all the time is like "haha dude its funny ur truck is really loud but when u stomp on it you don't go anywhere". But he drives a ricey ford focus so what does he know. So...to say the least I don't regret it and am very happy. Plus when the truck gets older and starts throwin codes i'll have a code reader which is awesome. hope this helps.

edit..and I dont know much about changing shift points, rev limiter and all that jazz. So I'm assuming someone who knew what they were doing could tweak it to perform better. Also I changed the top speed..which isn't really practical but you never know when you might have to outrun a crazy crackhead on the road.

#33 ·
yea im not to savy on all the details as far as shift points and what not, i just want to get it custom tuned once so i never have to worry about it plus it will be tuned exactly to my truck you know?

#34 ·
Yeah I feel you. Well doesn't diablo offer the custom tuning? SC is just canned tunes for the most part correct?

#35 ·
yea, you are correct. as far as i know they dont really do "custom" tunes. whenever you figure out the shift point stuff, let me know bc that is what i am going to try messing with tomorrow to see what affects what

#36 ·
how about YOU let ME know. I'd rather not eff somethin up! I did change the rev limiter the first time not knowing what I was doing and it felt so weird and threw my truck off at WOT. I quickly changed that back.

#37 ·
yea. i dont like having no rev limiter, i like my shift to stop at a certain point. I find that my truck runs best when it shift just before 5000 RPM's so i think tomorrow while im off i will mess with it and then ill get on here and post something on my thread or here about it

#38 ·
sounds good. If you think about it, post it here too because I might not remember to check your thread. Thanks d00d. Enjoy your day off! I get off at Noon instead of 4:00pm! So stoked.

#39 ·
haha i will post here too. You off at noon today or you gonna be on chat for a while??

#40 ·
No off at noon tomorrow. I'm on chat right now. I'll be on most the day till 4

#43 ·
Per Andrew's request. All my pictures of my truck thus far.

#44 ·
One more for laughs. My favorite things...guns/truck/beer/camping

Reactions: SnoylCC5
#47 ·
yea, those two pictures are awesome! You deserve rep for the gun/beer/truck/ and camping picture too! :rep: lol and all the pics are submitted by members then voted to see the top pics

#48 ·
yea, those two pictures are awesome! You deserve rep for the gun/beer/truck/ and camping picture too! :rep: lol
haha thanks for all this rep. I need to throw some your way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.