DODGE RAM FORUM banner

bluetooth

7K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  johnny5 
#1 ·
Dumb question here. Just bought this truck yesterday and noticed the phone button on the radio but it says something to the fact that it's not installed or something. Is it saying this because I haven't setup my phone to it yet or do I not have bluetooth in this truck. I can't imagine there being a phone button and a hands-free button and it not being installed. Thanks.....

#5 ·
First thing I'd do is call the dealer parts folks and give them your VIN to see if you have the Uconnect. If you don't, then you need to ask them what you need to do to get it and what it would take to install it if you don't feel comfortable doing that kind of work yourself.

I'm sure my truck has it but I haven't investigated as to how to connect it yet... May be a good idea since talking on the phone is becoming illegal many places now!
Go to http://www.ramtrucks.com click on "owners" and then you'll see a link for how to use it.

#10 ·
Here is the unit I have installed in my other vehicle:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...g_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CIwBEPMCMAY#

I wanted it for all the stuff the Uconnect does but had a very clean face compared to other units of its type.

A bit of warning though...if your using an iPhone with this the BT audio streaming is very finicky. It comes and goes with each iOS update. The BT phone part has worked perfectly since I installed it though.

#12 ·
when I pushed the uconnect button in my truck it basically told me there was no info...I connected my phone to the uconnect myself. just took turning on the bluetooth on my phone and searching for it with the uconnect...they connected it was easy as pie...if you turn your bluetooth on and push the button and nothing happens...chances are you don't have the module to make it work and you need to get the parts from your dealer.

#13 ·
if you find out that you dont have it you should defently get it because its saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lol

#16 ·
If you have the RER with navigation, all you need is a microphone (PN 82211743AB) to get bluetooth and no programming. If you have any other radio with the Uconnect button but the radio tells you it's not installed, you need the whole kit PN 82211878 (which I conveniently happen to have for sale in the accessories section :D), and get it added at the dealer.

#19 ·
I checked into this with the dealer. It was over 500 bucks and the features are really 2 yrs old. Current cell phone techno is way beyond what Uconnectboffers (Siri). So I decided to skip Uconnect altogether and just use my phone's blue tooth.

I am looking for decent dash mount for my iPhone, though.

#20 · (Edited)
Ok, so my build sheet says I have uconnect, or does this just mean the radio portion is installed? It says no info when I push the button, but I haven't tried to connect anything. This is my my build. Why would they put all that in and NOT put in the module? Dodge....

6 Speakers
Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3
SIRIUS Satellite Radio

#21 ·
my 09 radio had the bluetooth butten also but the guts werent installed. I went to onlinecarstereo .com ordered a kenwood DNX6180 with the bluetooth and gps built in it replaces your factory radio, then u need to have the wireing to conect your unit to the wireing in your tr like your speakers and mike, the buttens on your steering wheel if u have that set up .

#22 ·
Here's a picture of my dash with my RBZ head unit and the Uconnect handsfree microphone mounted. Instead of taking off the pillars and running the wire all over the place I thought mounting it centered in the cab would be a better spot so it could pick up anyone with me who was talking. You're going to have wire sticking out no matter where you put it. Also my neat Iphone holder that mounts to the vent. I picked that up at the local Pilot truck stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.