DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Damn Thieves / Stolen Tail Lights

8K views 50 replies 36 participants last post by  blackhawkdoc 
#1 ·
So This is what I wake up to. Tail Lights snatched and bulb wires cut. What gets me the madest is that they cut the bulb cables.

Before

Anyone have an idea roughly how much to replace the wires and process?

See less See more
#5 ·
Thats what I was saying man. U want them alright take them but dont cut the wires. Im being told I have to replace part of the whole wire harness. :Wow1:

#10 ·
Very sorry to see that! I had that happen last summer to me, and the thing I was pissed most about was the cut wires too. I had to pick up a set of marine boat lights to have in the box until my new lights arrived. I ended up getting new light looms off an '08 from a local yard and spliced them myself, I just used butt connectors, but if you want to solder it'd be better.
They made off with my LED tailights, and my tailgate too! They were the first mod I did to my truck and I've been paranoid about security since. Got a locking tonneau that locked to the tailgate, and relocated the handle to the inside. A locking handle would've been cheaper, but I wanted to shave my tailgate anyway.

#12 ·
Well im going to the junk yards tomorrow to see if I pick up the bulb parts and I can solder them on with no problem. Just placed the order on some LEDS, and Locking tailgate handle.

#13 ·
Man that is b.s! I am really very sorry to hear that some little prick stole your tails! Those were really nice too, I liked the way you painted them and kept the reverse light visible. I cant believe they cut the wires too. Well good luck with everything man, I hope that everything works out for you!!!!!!

#14 ·
Yea man it sucks but oh well now im going to install the tailgate lock and make it a little more difficult for them.

Ill keep everyone posted on the progress.

#20 ·
Man that just sucks, I really hate seeing that! :( I guess that kind of crap just never made any sense to me, but I was raised if it 'aint yours, DON'T TOUCH IT!!! Honestly, some people's children.....and I agree with the worst part being, you never get the satisfaction of knowing who the little punks were! Good luck in getting the parts you need to get that fixed soon man, you had it looking so good!!!

- Cajun

#32 ·
Half the time the bastards are just selling them for cash, so the economics of cost don't apply. The other half are just chitheads too cheap to buy their own parts, bust a light, take two because they're a matched set.

Lowest of the low stealing things you don't need. I could see food in dire circumstances, but that's about where my tolerance of theft ends. That and at the end of a Ruger Mini-14.

#29 ·
Dam man that sucks sorry to hear about that, makes me want to get a tailgate lock.

Dam minorities cant buy their own shit...

#30 ·
Wow! That really sucks! Yeah, I'd keep an eye out for the tails. Stupid thieves will either sell them on put them on their truck! Sorry to hear about that. Also keep an eye out on craigs list, you may see them for sell. If you do, call the police and let them know.

#31 ·
my tailgate lock cost me like 20 bucks and is awesome i think you need one it sucks what people will do

#34 ·
Reading this post got my warped little mind to thinking about the perfect solution to that kinda' problem. Mount a metal strip to the inside of the tailgate handle wired to a hot wire that you can arm and disarm by a toggle switch in the cab,, you'd know if someone tried stealing your stuff by the smoking corpse lying behind your truck. :SHOCKED: You'd just have to make sure and rig up a little blinking LED or somethin' so you wouldn't forget it was armed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.