DODGE RAM FORUM banner

140$ spectre CAI vs 50$ ebay CAI

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BgHrn 
#1 ·
im looking into getting a CAI for my dodge, i was wondering if through personal experience anyone has tried and spectre CAI and a cheap ebay one. any DYNO tests or any results in gas mileage would be great. im not looking into dropping several hundred dollars on a K&N or MOPAR just a cheap upgrade to get a little better performance

#2 ·
I have an ebay one, it came with my truck when I purchased it. Its okay, I mean its just cheap ya kno? it originally was hangin down below by the fender, looked like a silver limp you know what off my engine, so i shortened it a bit. Other than that I guess its okay but the sprectre one also provides you with a guard that separates the filter from the engine which mine doesnt. Ive also been considering this spectre one, the price is nice and looks more professional that fricken ebay.

#5 ·
I have to agree, the Specter one would be better. They both will give you a gain in performance but the Specter will give you more. Some guys on here have made some of their own CAIs out of plumbing pipe and noticed a difference. If you are separating the filter from the motor it helps a lot since you wont be sucking in as much hot air

#6 ·
Spectre all the way, I've had it in my Ram for a week now and love it, plus it comes with the metal filter shield to help keep some of the Hemi heat down :)...I don't have a pic of it installed but here is a picture of it when I got it....Fitment is 9/10 because of the bolt that goes to the radiator shroud it is kinda hard to get it back on. I can't keep my foot off the gas so I have not seen and MPG improvements but it feels a bit stronger, I would definitely recommend it....(The Y pipe doesn't come with it lol)

#7 ·
looks good, and congrats on buyin yours, I think Im gonna replace my cheap one wit a spectre, we can have a sweet lil spectre CAI club hahaha ill post pics when I buy er

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.