DODGE RAM FORUM banner

K&N cold air intake

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  CaptJon 
#1 ·
will installing a K&N cold air intake affect any of the computer programs ?
2011 ram 1500 laramie 4x4 5.7 liter hemi

#2 ·
I believe that you should be fine as they recommend when you do the install you have to disconnect the battery. In my understanding once you do that and reconnect it afterword the computer starts to realize the difference. Feel free to chime in as im not 100% certain.

#5 ·
you don't have to reset if you don't want...the pcm will adapt after some miles are put on...the harder you drive, the more aggressive the pcm will set the tables..

#8 ·
Hi

I also installed it myself. Took about 30 minutes.

I didn't disconnect the battery. Don't see a see need to do that.

There's one thing I wasn't expecting: the noise level. At even moderate throttle levels the noise is really obvious. My wife hates it a lot and begs me to get rid of it.
It does improve throttle response and overall power but beware of the intake noise.

#12 ·
Think you found enough help but I think I know why they say disconnect the battery. I was out in my driveway the other day and noticed my neighbors hood up with him under it. No big deal. About 2 minutes later I hear a loud pop. Who knew that batteries don't like dropped tools. He didn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.