DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you dislike about your truck?

72K views 354 replies 226 participants last post by  MojoRam 
#1 ·
I absolutely hate the head rests of the seats. I thought it may have only been me, but I have had numerous other people sat in the vehicle they have the same complaint. They just sit too far ahead for comfort. I also find the signal direction lever sits too far away from the steering wheel to use comfortably while driving, and I have fairly long fingers to boot. You have to wonder sometimes if some of these highly paid engineers actually sit in something after they design it ?:feedback:

#31 ·
I can't decide on what my number one complaint is, it's a close tie for the headlights and the headrest. So at night I can't see and my head is pushed forward...nice fix "taxpayer". I might try that.

Also tied for third and forth is the transmission and the low front end of the truck.

My 04 Ram seemed like a monster, what happend Dodge, this truck sits the same as everything else out there. People often ask if it's a 4x4.. :doh: ughh gotta get a lift kit....

#34 · (Edited)
LOL!! Interesting looking through this. I replaced my headlight bulbs with super bright whites and helped a little. The dim yellow look was disappointing. My passenger seatbelt only makes the rattle in the cold weather. Headrests are odd but don't really notice much. I do wish my 4x4 was higher off the ground but it is what it is. I will say one thing about headlight bulbs... SURE with the engineer could of stepped outside the office and attempted to change a bulb. Ummmm...WOW, you have to do ALL of this JUST to change a bulb. But I still love my truck

#42 ·
I will say one thing about headlight bulbs... SURE with the engineer could of stepped outside the office and attempted to change a bulb. Ummmm...WOW, you have to do ALL of this JUST to change a bulb.
Don't you have the lil trap doors in the wheel wells? I had my headlight bulbs changed out in a couple of minutes... It was pretty much no big deal...

Exco

#35 ·
Headrest Issue - pop them out and turn them around, and pray that you dont get rearended
Passenger Belt - teach passeneger to put it back properly, or dont let them in your truck
Headlights - 100watt Hi-beam - 65watt Lo-beam will fix that issue
(or spend the big bucks for HID, but they wont last as long)
MDS Pain - Drop into 5th gear for your local driving
3rd brk light leak - They all will do it eventually, so SILICONE it...!
I swear I tried turning my headrests around and it didn't work...
Agree with the seatbelt issue...
I haven't noticed an issue with my lights
I don't have mds
I didn't want to silicone my light so i bought gasket material at home depot and made a new gasket (about $8 I think and 30 min).

#36 ·
1.)HAHAHA! Solution to passenger seat belt. Keep a bb pistol handy and shoot each passenger that rolls out of the truck. My best friend has learned just like my dog how to get in and out of a vehicle properly. Every car I've owned he did that in. My GF never does it makes sure she puts it back I noticed her doing it one day and she said she was a polite passenger. You guys got some rudy's ridin with ya.

2.)WTF is all the hating on the head rest. I'm 6'1" and have no problems...just your seat height, if you have that option otherwise just use the vice grip method.

3.) THE HEADLIGHTS! Dear god, who designed those or thought the bulbs were a good idea. Lets take the whole front end apart to change the bulb, but for the fog lamps you and just reach under and swap it real quick? REALLY?

4.) MDS so what I've hearing is put it in 5 for the city? What benefit is there in the that?

5.) The cruise stick is from when they had Benz designers, go look at a Benz and see the same high quality German engineering. Kind of wish the blinker stick was there but some genius decided it was better directly behind the steering wheel support so i have to let go of the steering wheel.

6.) God that chrome trim is irritating thanks for the post on how to fix that.

#37 ·
LU229: I was going to PM you but decided I'll post the link since someone else might find it beneficial, here is a little write up I did on the 3rd brake light. It's been about a month I think, and several very hard rains, and no leaking. I didn't want to use silicone because I wanted it to be serviceable.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=87346&highlight=water+leak

I don't remember why the headrests didn't fit reversed, I'll have to try this again...

I don't mind the cruise stick, most vehicles are like this.

My headlights are the cheaper ones, and I have no fog lights, and no issues with light so far.

#38 ·
Location of the cruise control:smiledown:, passenger seat belt rattle against the B-post till I fix it:smiledown::smiledown:and those POS Goodyear Wrangler HP tires:smiledown::smiledown::smiledown:

#40 ·
Yeah, that seat belt thing is a pain. :smiledown:
Whats with the jiggly ride over any bump? The suspension seems unsettled.:smiledown:
The driver side door arm rest is very uncomfortable.:smiledown:
That 2nd 3rd gear crap. Actually makes the tranny shudder sometimes!:smiledown:
And yes, the factory Good Years are CRAP! :smiledown:Especially in the rain...got rid of them in a hurry.

However, this thing goes like a scalded rabbit!! :smileup:
My only mods are a K&N Cold air intake and 305 mm Yokohama Advids but just love to DRIVE it!!:smiledown:

Oh, can anyone tell me the proper sequence to reset the change oil light?

Thx in advance.

#41 ·
Oh, can anyone tell me the proper sequence to reset the change oil light?
Turn the key to "on", do not start engine, press gas pedal to the floor three times, turn key "off". Should reset it.

I rechecked and I can reverse my headrests, but they don't fit the "notches", and it slants too far back now lol, there's no in between!

#44 ·
Mds

I hate the 4cyl / 8cyl mode and can't see why it can't be shut down manually. I've asked on here and was told to keep truck in tow mode and it won't go into 4cyl mode...this doesn't work on my 08 Laramie...nor does overdrive off shut it down...I hate the thought of having to buy a programer to eliminate it..

#45 ·
Absolutely HATE the MDS system in these trucks. That would be my biggest complaint. Despite all the rave reviews about the coil spring suspension, these new Rams still drive like trucks. If I didn't know any better I would bet my house that these trucks don't have 390 HP cuz they sure don't drive like they do. The transmission should, at the very least be a true 6 speed, but that issue will be corrected soon from what I'm hearing. The interior is decent with the exception of the silver plastic that is part of the center console setup. Who thought that was a good idea? The Goodyear HP's are an absolute joke if you live in the Northeast or anywhere else where the weather sucks 3/4 of the year. Having said all this I LOVE these trucks and can't wait until I pay this one off so I can buy another one!!

#46 ·
I hate the 4cyl / 8cyl mode and can't see why it can't be shut down manually. I've asked on here and was told to keep truck in tow mode and it won't go into 4cyl mode...this doesn't work on my 08 Laramie...nor does overdrive off shut it down...I hate the thought of having to buy a programer to eliminate it..
I don't have mds on my truck, but I think if you bump the gear indicator down to "5" on the evic display, like if you were going to shift manually, and leave it there it will disable mds...

#47 ·
Truck tried to commit suicide at 120 k when it was wet, i stepped on it to pass someone and almost ended up completely sideways, the T/C kinda saved my bacon so there's some saving grace lol. Other then that i wish i would have read the build list and realized that just cause i had a towing package that it didnt mean it came with lower gears like 3.92 instead of 3.55's other then my own ignorance i love the truck so far but the damn headrests(gotta love safety...)

#51 ·
I just wish my truck would stay together and quit ****ing up. 18.2k miles and been in the shop 8 times since December '10. First 6 months was all good. After December, it's been in and out of the shop for all kinds of BS

#53 ·
I just wish my truck would stay together and quit ****ing up. 18.2k miles and been in the shop 8 times since December '10. First 6 months was all good. After December, it's been in and out of the shop for all kinds of BS
Yeah that sucks sorry to hear that. I bought my 2010 used and it has 48k miles now, basically no real problems; had the third brake light leak that cost me ~$10 and 30 minutes to fix, and that's really the biggest problem I've had...

that only works on the 2009 and newer models...08 Laramie doesn't have a console shift nor a manual shift mode..so..I'm stuck with buying a tuner..
Oh sorry didn't realize it was different! Gotta hate when they first introduce options sometimes you get stuck in situations like you are in...

#54 ·
After one month with my 2500:
1. No lock-out hubs
2. No dump on the drivers seat, geting something out from behind the seat is a pain waiting on the electric seat to go forward
3. Grill does not go up with hood, makes it harder to get bugs out of the radiator
4. TPMS sucks cannot run what wears best for pressures

#55 ·
After one month with my 2500:
1. No lock-out hubs
2. No dump on the drivers seat, geting something out from behind the seat is a pain waiting on the electric seat to go forward
3. Grill does not go up with hood, makes it harder to get bugs out of the radiator
4. TPMS sucks cannot run what wears best for pressures
I also liked the way the grill was attached to the hood for cleaning the radiator....what do you mean about the tpms? I can run more pressure without any issues...

#56 ·
I also liked the way the grill was attached to the hood for cleaning the radiator....what do you mean about the tpms? I can run more pressure without any issues...
I always used chalk accros the tread then drove forward 20-30 feet then looked to see if the chalk had worn off evenly across the tread. Most times unloaded the front only needed 35-40 psi and the rear 30-35 psi to get even tread wear when empty. With TPMS I have to run 60 psi in the fron and 40 in the rear for "light load". The rear is the only one ajustable at 70 psi loaded 40 psi unloaded the front remains the same at 60 psi reguardless.

#57 ·
wow ^^ somethings wrong with your tpms then, the truck is "designed" to have like 37psi in the tires (according to the door label) and the tpms should not set a light until low 30's psi. I did the chalk trick as well and run about 45 psi all around.

#58 ·
wow ^^ somethings wrong with your tpms then, the truck is "designed" to have like 37psi in the tires (according to the door label) and the tpms should not set a light until low 30's psi. I did the chalk trick as well and run about 45 psi all around.
Door label on my 2500 with load range E tires is 60psi front/70psi rear for loaded, and 60psi front/40psi rear unloaded. When changing to loaded from unloaded found out tonight the TPMS is off by 2psi. Digital tire guage read 70psi, TPMS read 68. Low pressure light would not shut off till TPMS read=70psi. Took 10 miles to get pressure built up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.