DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Todd916 is on a distinguished road

Problem Solved.

I bought a 2013 new and had the same 2000RPM problem. Many trip to the dealer and the problem persisted for over a year. I Finally had a free night and was fed up so under the truck I went.

I know im late on this thread so im not sure if someone else has already addressed it but I didnt see answer on last two pages.

Any one still looking for an answer??
Old 05-31-2015, 01:07 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:547
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd916 View Post
Problem Solved.

I bought a 2013 new and had the same 2000RPM problem. Many trip to the dealer and the problem persisted for over a year. I Finally had a free night and was fed up so under the truck I went.

I know im late on this thread so im not sure if someone else has already addressed it but I didnt see answer on last two pages.

Any one still looking for an answer??
So what'd you do to fix it?

Thunderhorse-Built: 25 Feb 2013 Warren, Michigan; Bought: 28 May 2013
Huskyliner Weatherbeaters, door edge guards, Line-X bedliner, Kryptek Typhon Cordura seat covers w/ MOLLE panels (review), Console Vault (install/review), Bilstein 4600s (thread), BFG T/A KO2 LT275/60/20s (thread), Borla XR-1 (thread-removed), Matte black Plasti-dipped center console bezel, BT catch can, Corsa 14405 cat back.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Todd916 is on a distinguished road

Alright I'll first describe my symptom a little better. Shortly after purchasing my truck it started with this symptom where it would have a metallic rattle just before each shift point, or roughly 2000rpm. Each time I took it to the dealer for warranty repair of rattle it was either "Unable to replicate" which is a poor excuse for WE DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT or they would work on it but at best would just change the RPM or harmonic Frequency which the rattle would occur.

Ok I'll keep it short. Its a design flaw.

Right below and to the rear of engine the exhaust collectors join into a single point. After that there is a roughly 4' piece of straight exhaust pipe. Holding these two things together is a u-bolt. This u-bolt is captured on top by a small piece of metal which is welded on one side to the straight pipe, and is formed around the u-bolt in effect capturing it. The 2000 RPM rattle is the other end of this small piece hitting the u-bolt clamp. By hand it doesnt move much if at all but under load is just the right frequency.

The simple, quick, free, fix is just a matter of taking a large screw driver or small prybar and bending the end of the clip up and away from the u-bolt clamp.

Hope this works for you.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2015 Ram Laramie 4x4 5.7L
RaginMad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd916 View Post
Alright I'll first describe my symptom a little better. Shortly after purchasing my truck it started with this symptom where it would have a metallic rattle just before each shift point, or roughly 2000rpm. Each time I took it to the dealer for warranty repair of rattle it was either "Unable to replicate" which is a poor excuse for WE DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT or they would work on it but at best would just change the RPM or harmonic Frequency which the rattle would occur.

Ok I'll keep it short. Its a design flaw.

Right below and to the rear of engine the exhaust collectors join into a single point. After that there is a roughly 4' piece of straight exhaust pipe. Holding these two things together is a u-bolt. This u-bolt is captured on top by a small piece of metal which is welded on one side to the straight pipe, and is formed around the u-bolt in effect capturing it. The 2000 RPM rattle is the other end of this small piece hitting the u-bolt clamp. By hand it doesnt move much if at all but under load is just the right frequency.

The simple, quick, free, fix is just a matter of taking a large screw driver or small prybar and bending the end of the clip up and away from the u-bolt clamp.

Hope this works for you.
My vibration is not related to a rattle or noise, it's felt in the floorboard, accelerator pedal, and the steering wheel.
Its definetly a design flaw though.