DODGE RAM FORUM banner

towing mirrors on a 98

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  08megacab 
#1 ·
hey i love the way the towing mirrors look on the 2nd gens and i see them all the time but i heard they dont work with the 98s anyone done this before? a kit is 180 on ebay but i heard they wont bolt up??

#2 · (Edited)
I call 'em moose antlers.

The only difference I know of is wiring. The footprint on the bolt pattern is the same from '94-'01. The style of the mirrors changed in '98 and the mirrors have to be changed in pairs if you don't want two different mirrors on the truck.

That's what could have led to the misconception that they won't bolt up because used parts yards say that they won't.

The doors did change in '98 but as I said if you change them in pairs so they're both the same they'll work (Just an example) otherwise you'd have two different door panels on the inside and two different mirrors on the outside.

#7 ·
There is a Dodge dealer in Texas that did sell Mopar towing mirrors for the 2nd gens on eBay. Now that they are discontinued, I'm not sure if he has any left. I have 2 sets of them. The thing about the 2nd gen towing mirrors, nobody makes them powered...

G
#11 · (Edited)
I'm looking at a set of the knock-off tow-mirrors on ebay that come with the OEM reinforcement brackets for my 95 Dodge Ram Cummins. The seller goes by "racing_guys" and the add says they are power heated mirrors that work with the factory harness, which wasn't available from the factory in 95. I'm temped to buy them at $224 with free shipping.

Has anyone here bought these mirrors from this seller or something similar from ebay? I am really interested in the actual quality and look? Do they really bolt up and look factory and work like the factory power tow mirrors? Or am I going to fall victom to another too good to be true deal? (Man, I hope it's not too good to be true because I want tow mirrors on my truck!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.