DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Dodge Red Ram Sport

25K views 184 replies 19 participants last post by  10hemi 
#1 ·
Ok I’m a little late on this seeing as I bought the truck just over a year ago, but I’ve been moding and making it "mine" since it rolled off the lot here’s a list of what I’ve done to date and what i plan on doing. all with pictures... everyone loves pictures.

What I’ve done so far:
2.5” day star levelling
35x11.5R20 BFG A/T
Rino bed liner
Spray on under coating
K&N intake
Fiberglas sub box for 12” kicker with 1200 watt RMS Rockford amp
Flow master 40 series
Tool box
HID conversion 10,000K (low beam & fog)
Painted calipers (colour matched)
1.5” wheel spacer
3” PA body lift
35x12.5R20 Toyo open country M/T (1.5” spacers off)
20” Moto Metal 961 (red inserts)

And what needs doing:
¼” wheel spacer
Window tint
Fender flares (stock look)
Y pipe
Paint things here n there
Smoke tail lights
Prerunner light bar

… other things also come up partly what I started the thread, for ideas
Tell me what you think

The day I bought it, out with the old in with the new

Levelled out with the 35” BFG’s

Wheel spacers on

painted the calipers theres over spray on the rotor dont worry i painted the rotor black

heres the K&N intake i know youve all seen this before but here it is again

heres the begning of the sub box this was the only fleece i had around at the time

hered the box in place and with the grill to protect the sub

headlights not the best showing during the day

heres some body lift instal

still think this is really sketchy way to lift the body but its what they said in the instructions

New wheels i went with the red inserts

and heres how it looks now

See less See more
Reactions: BlackHemI
#8 ·
Nice looking truck! Love the red and black! :smileup:

#9 ·
Really digging the red inserts on the wheels with your red truck. That looks really good. Have you thought about replacing the chrome billet grill insert with a black honeycomb one? I think it'd really tie in with the look you got going there!

#10 ·
Really digging the red inserts on the wheels with your red truck. That looks really good. Have you thought about replacing the chrome billet grill insert with a black honeycomb one? I think it'd really tie in with the look you got going there!
I’ve thought about it I’ll have to see some pictures of it, I don’t think it will take much convincing as I want to black out the grill emblem. think I may just be holding onto the little chrome I have left lol and I think id paint the billet style not get the honeycomb

#11 ·
definitely paint or go to black honeycomb! :smileup:

not the best but here are some examples

#12 ·
definitely paint or go to black honeycomb! :smileup:

not the best but here are some examples

this one with the all black grill looks sick. i think ill just paint my billet bars black see how that looks they go from there anyone recomend a brand of paint for the grill and emblems?

#13 ·
rustoleum is what i have been recommended. I used plasti-dip to do all of my chrome that i wanted black. now that i know i like it, im going to most likely peel it off and paint it with rustoleum

#16 ·
i have some questions about painting the chrome can anyone on here recomend the proper preping method. sanding or what kind of cleaning or what not? thanks
might have some for this tomorrow

#20 ·
I am out in Colwood. Right now up in Haida Gwaii for a week for work. The whole greater Victoria Area is pretty small and easy to get around. Loving the truck I am hoping to start to black out some chrome on mine as well just no extra cash to do anything. Rims look sweet I also like these ones.

#25 ·
I've done all the "major" mods just smaller things cosmetic. You'll have to wait and see. Btw it dosent take a lot of money or time to personalize your truck. That's all I'm out to do

#27 ·
ok so i had some time today so i decided to start blacking out the front grill. went to lordco and picked up everything i needed scotch pads 600-800 grit and two cans of plasti kote black paint one gloss one satin not sure what i want it to be. heres some picture.
$21 in materials

these were the only tools i needed a small flat head screwdriver and a small pice of wood where i pinder couldent fit for sanding

the wall are comes down and becomes my test subject

theres about 50 clips on the back of this grill to take it apart...wasent fun my suggestion on taking it apart is to start at the bottom

i started with the ram head was fine getting that out just have to put some pressure on it

sanded it donw just enough for the paint to grab dosent look like much bnut it will be enough

gill out to took a little longer

and i made sure i washed them reall well with tsp and let them dry

im still not sure what i should go with satin?

or gloss?

and the grill

there both now currently in the heat booth/ bathroom to dry
good thing this is coverd or it might have a little black flake

What do you thing gloss black or satin black?
my rims are satin black thats why i wanted to try it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.