DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Vented Seat Filter

10K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Dodge_Ram_Man 
#1 ·
So was talking with a buddy that has a F**d truck with vented seats. He mentioned that there are filters that need to be changed for the seats. So did the google thing and it appears that quite a few car companies that have vented seats have filter that need to be replaced. So anyone have any knowledge of this? Of course there in nothing in the owners manual and google had nothing as far as RAM's but figure this was the best place to ask.:4-dontknow:

Seems logical and all but hell, they didn't even give us a cabin filter so I wouldn't be surprised if the skipped this as well.

#2 ·
I am a MB tech by trade and even our 130k 222 chassis S-class has no filters for the seat vents. ITS just fans in the seat foam that move air around.

First I have heard of this. SO I guess the filter the air in the seat incase you fart or something. SOUND kinda ridiculous to me.

#5 ·
I suspect the filters may be there to protect the motor/fan(s) from clogging up with dust and debris, not unlike cabin filters which are there to protect your lungs from airborne contaminants.

#6 ·
Curious but.. back to the point here. Are there actually filters? Ugh.. looks like someone will be having to pull their seat out and take a look underneath.

I for one vote no. There isn't any obvious place for these filters I see right off the bat. USUALLY maintenance items are somewhat easy to access.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am guessing at this point that they don't exist on our trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.