DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#436 ·
Installed the RBP Rx3 step bars I absolutely love the way they look but they sit about 4" lower than bottom of the truck so I had to get a lift LOL . Its in the shop right now getting a 6" BDS suspension lift with upgraded 2.0 Fox Shox along with bush wacker pocket flares painted to match and RBP mud flaps. But as an option on the kit they have the dual steering stabilizers so I got them to order them not thinking about our trucks being IFS and not to familiar with IFS and stabilizers can someone help me...

#447 ·
@ cherny 780. got your message but i cannot write back because i don't have enough post. but the noise was the hydraulic steering assist pump. for some reason dodges are bad with making the noise but there is nothing wrong with it just the pump working harder with the extra weight due to the wheels and tires. how do you like the fox shocks? i didn't get the fox shocks but i do want to get the 5100 billesteins up front.

sorry everyone for posting like this but this was the only way i could pass on the info!

#459 ·
A 9" wide wheel with a 0 offset is the minimum you'll want to go. You'll be sticking out about 1.5" past the fenders with that set up. With a 6" lift I'd recommend going with a -12 offset or even a 10" wide rim -12 offset.

What kind of flares do you have?

#487 ·
Ok folks after going through this whole thread, I haven`t seen what I`m looking for, perhaps you guys can point me to the right thread. looking for a pic of a 2013 CC Sport with just Bilstein 5100`s on the front, adjusted to level the truck. I was thinking of going with CAI but after reading many threads on here, I`m not sure it is a mod I want to undertake as many people don`t seem to think it is worth it in the 4th gen 5.7, just a drop in I`m thinking with the leveling 5100`s on the front.

#488 ·
Honestly....there will be no difference other than a few exterior differences between a 13 and 09-12 Ram
There are many pictures on this boards of Ram leveled with Bilsteins.
Id say half the members here who level have Bilsteins.

If you have seen a picture of an 09-12 leveled with Bilsteins, that is how your truck will look

As for the CAI....I can say what you are saying is somewhat true and then somewhat incorrect to.
You will see the benefit of it when you do add a few more mods to your truck.
But Vararam for example will give you gains in power and MPG under WOT and on the freeway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.