DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#489 ·
Not the newest truck but its mine :)

3'' Body lift
Hell bent steel leveling kit
315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T
No rubbing :smileup:

#494 ·
Bully's Performance. They're a site vendor on the forum and provide excellent customer service. Since you are a forum member they will give you discounted pricing. Send them an email at sales@bullysperformance.com with a list of the parts you want and mention that you're a forum member and they'll get you a quote for everything you want.

#495 ·
I want to put a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck. I've got a 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman with 275/70/17's. After the leveling kit I'm not sure if I want to go with 285/70/17's or 285/70/17's. I I know the 285/70's are .55 inches bigger than the 275 and the 285/75 are 1.67 inches bigger...any suggestions or opinions? I'm just not sure if that extra inch of rubber is worth $35 per tire...

#496 ·
If you're going with a 2.5" leveling kit you're going to want larger tires than 285/70/17's IMO. Those only measure 32.7" tall.... Stock tires on the 20" rims measure 33" tall and they already look small with a 2.5" level. You want to look at something more in the 34" tall range for it too look good and proportional.

#520 ·
That setup is tight as it is with 2.5" level and some trimming and bending of the pinch seem behind the tire is required.
You will more than likely have to do a bit more of it

Do you have the sport bumper or chrome bumper?

Is your truck leveled already?
Have you bought your wheels already?

I would change 1 of those around if they have not been purchased to make sure you have it fitting well...

#532 ·
i had the ready lift on my front it did ride good but my rear was still 1.5'' higher, put the bilsteins set at max on my front, rode even better and looked better. now i have the fabtech 6'' lift with the bilsteins set at 1.4

#534 ·
295/60R20 Nitto Trail grapplers, on +18mm offset moto metal 959 rims, it does rub, my friend has some 295/65R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on factory wheels, and no rub
i would do the 295/65R20 if i was to just a front level kit. that's my preference though

#538 ·
Hey guys, I have a stock 2011 Ram, no lift or leveling kit. I want to drop down from the stock 20's to 17x9's. What would be the absolute largest tire I could put on the truck without any rubbing or clearance issues? I was going to go with 285/70/17's but wasn't sure if I could go any bigger? Thanks :)

#545 ·
#555 ·
54's are where it's at :smile up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.