DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

753K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#556 ·
I'd love to run portals …

I was going to fly the boys from Arctic Trucks into town 10 yrs ago to outfit my other 4x4. They may a lovely product. I just couldn't justify it when we only get 6 months of winter here :doh:

Check them out. It's a whole different philosophy:

Arctic Trucks

#558 ·
With any 6" kit you need a spacer for the front drive shaft or a longer drive shaft. Every kit that I've seen comes with a spacer.

Ram725's 8" lift was a 6" RCX lift with Bilsteins at 2.1". You won't find a full 8" lift for a 1500 yet. But I believe Pure Performance will have one out soon.

#562 ·
I love the second pic with the house lights reflected off the black in play with the amber signal.

Thats artistry right there ;)

#565 ·
Ok guys.....Heres what I want, so I need some input! LOL!!

Im going with a 4'' lift and going with 35'' tires...(This is for sure)

Im going to add fender flares...(Any suggestions?)

I want a chrome wheel 18x9-20x9? And what offset do I need??......(again any suggestions?)

The ONLY thing I want is ZERO RUBBING!! I cant stand that! LOL!!

So does anybody have what Im looking to do? Thanks for your advice and suggestions!! David

#570 ·
Personally I pick flares last. I start with lift, then move to what wheels place my 35" tire where and ask myself just how far out I want the tire to sit, and THEN I move on to choosing flares. (If it were me , and I was looking at getting a 4" lift/35 rubber)

Some members here can assess this down to the nearest 1/4" or better. :)

If you do go with pocket flares, then I'd want to know my tires are going to at least be even with them, but ideally out an inch or so. That would give a nice look. If your tires are too inboard with such huge flares, to me, that always looks odd - like things weren't incubated long enough before execution. :50:

Var

#573 ·
Hi OmarP,

That post is a page back...

Here is a quick tip that will you get an answer to questions like this, and it also helps people understand what you're talking about.

Tip:

Anytime you come across a post such as post #544, that you wish to comment on, simply click on the QUOTE button below that particular post and it will open up a REPLY box with that post (544 in this example) already inserted.

Next just type your question below that quotation!

Hope this helps you in the future :50:

Var

#574 ·
Ok guys here is what I found....I cant find a 0 offset wheel the closest I could find was a +18. The guy at my offroad shop said he would not guarantee it not to rub. So until someone that has done what I want to do can tell me that this or that wheel will not rub im on hold. I can not stand rubbing! I went through it with my last truck and it drove me up the wall! LOL!!

#575 ·
You aren't going to clear a 35x12.5 tire on a +18 offset. It will rub on the upper A-arm for sure. Which isn't even a rub you can deal with if you wanted to, it will tear your tire apart.... So your options are to either downsize your tire or run 1/4" wheel spacers.

#578 ·
Tons of options out there for chrome rims. Where are you looking? Check out companies like Fuel Offroad, XD, or BMF. All make chrome wheels. Most companies make each line of wheels in both black and chrome. Do you have a specific wheel you're looking for?

Stick with positive offset, 0 at the MOST to keep from rubbing. That -12mm will stick out like 2" and rub like crazy. If you wanna run a 9" wide rim with 35x12.5 tire stay close to 0. Factory flares look nice and tires will stick out just a tad also husky makes mud flaps designed for factory flares
-12 offset on a 9" rim won't rub like crazy. Maybe slightly depending on the tire and level size... but it's easily fixed with very minor work. But yes, 0 offset does give less of a chance of rubbing.

#580 ·
love the truck! thats the look I'm going for! sorry but i don't kno anything about lifts! i kno that bilstiens are shocks rite? but did u lift ur truck wit only those shocks? or do you have those shocks plus a lift kit or leveling kit?? sorry for the dumb questions

bilstiens 2.8
rcx rear 1.75 coil spacer
bilstien rear 5100
rcx 1.25 bl
cooper stt 35x12.50x20
factory 20x9
motorsport tech 10mm hub/wheel centric spacers
(highly recommended over 1/4" universals)
mopar 2500 fender flares painted to match
mufflex 18
intune dcx[/QUOTE]

#582 ·
I'm still confused over the whole BILSTEIN thing. do they do the same thing as a leveling kit? or is it just preference what ppl like more? & i still can't decide to go with a leveling kit & 35's or a 4" lift & 35's from some of the pics on here some of the leveling kits look really good like a lift & others look kinda to "stuffed" but went to the dodge dealership today to ask them about my warranty & they told me any lift will void it that i could only do a leveling kit & bigger tires kind of a bummer! really don't want to void my warranty so the leveling kit i was looking at was a 3" leveling kit on ebay are those good?

#583 ·
Bilsteins are essentially a leveling kit if you want them to be. They're an adjustable strut that you can set to be longer rather than adding a spacer on top of your OEM strut. It's a cleaner, better way of leveling that will give you a better ride. Check out the Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing linked in my signature if you want more information on the Bilsteins compared to spacers.

Your dealership is wrong... no mod you do can void your warranty completely. Yes if you put a lift kit on the dealership isn't going to cover that or any parts that might fail prematurely because of the lift. But the rest of your truck will still be fully covered. Check out THIS thread for more information about aftermarket mods and warranty.

No a 3" leveling kit from eBay is not good... the highest you want to go on a 4wd truck is 2.8" and that's pushing it. Any higher and you're going to start running in to problems. If you want to go the cheaper route and just run spacers then take a look at Hell Bent Steels 2.5" spacers.

#584 ·
To clear the above....Brandon is right. However the Bilsteins are not adjusted to be longer or shorter. Rather, there is a clip that you raise in increments on the specified grooves on the strut that lets your spring sit higher/lower on the shock. Again, this is dependent on where you set that clip

#586 ·
Do you have to uninstall or detach one end of the 5100's to adjust them?

Var

#587 ·
Do you have to uninstall or detach one end of the 5100's to adjust them?

Var
You have to completely remove the struck. compress the spring and remove it from the strut, move the clip on the strut body and then reinstall the springs. Good idea to figure out where you want it first so you don't have to go through the process again. Plus you'll need to do an alignment again.

#588 ·
Yup. Pain in the ass if you set it wrong the first time and even more costly on your wallet should you not be able to do it yourself.

Shops here charge for 2.5-3 hours of labor to remove and re - install.
Then you more than likely have to go for an alignment to be sure if did not go out of wack.

#589 ·
Leveling kit

I just put a 2" spacer kit on my struts and am pleased bc I'm just wanting to level it off, no tire upgrade plans for the moment but I do have a question about the alignment. I brought it to the dealer and asked prior to adding the spacers if there would be any warranty issues and as stated previously this mod wouldn't but even if I went with a total lift kit I would still have my warranty but they just wouldn't warranty any after market parts or problems caused by them and that would be determined by the dealer????? My question is after getting the dealer to do a front end alignment I'm noticing the camber (I guess that's what it's called, top and bottom of tire) the adjustment seems off if I'm looking at the front of the truck the tire isn't straight even with the back tire, it's towed out at the top, is that normal? I never noticed it before but I see it now since it's lifted about 2". Just curious, thanks for input.

#598 ·
Need help with lift and 37 setup

I see a lot of guys rockin a 6" RCX lift and 37s. I have a 2012 4wd crew w/ 3.55 gears and I want that setup. Besides switching out my gears to something in the mid 4 range, do I need to go nuts and rebuild anything? I want to do a 6" lift, Bilsteins set at 2.1, spacer to avoid raking, 37 x 12.5 20 Nittos and 20 x 10 -12mm Fuel Hostages.

Thanks for the help!

I know Candy08 has this setup and it looked amazing.

#600 ·
2013 Mega Cad with 6" Fabtech, 22's & 37's

Here's a few pictures on my 2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
-Fabtech 6" Lift
-22" Moto Metal Wheels
-37" Nitto TG's
-Bushwacker Flares
-Nerf Bars, Ram wheel to wheel
-Roll-n-lock bed cover
-Bedrug Liner
-B&W drop hitch

[/URL][/IMG]

#601 ·
Here's a few pictures on my 2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
-Fabtech 6" Lift
-22" Moto Metal Wheels
-37" Nitto TG's
-Bushwacker Flares
-Nerf Bars, Ram wheel to wheel
-Roll-n-lock bed cover
-Bedrug Liner
-B&W drop hitch
Looks sick cbroussard!! What are the specs on your wheels? Width and offset....

#614 ·
06 Ram 2500

Blistien 5100 set up, stabilizers, relocator and leveled. About 3 inches in the front with this combo.!
No rubbing, except on the mud flaps. (Which will be removed for flares once the weather permits)

35x12.5 R20 Micky Thompson ATZ with BMF Novakanes in Death Metal Black.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.