DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

752K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#242 ·
well read through most of these posts...

I got a 4" rancho susp lift and got myself some ION alloy rims 17x9 with a -8mm offset with hercules terra tracs 315-70-17 on the way should be in today.

Hopefully they clear everything. from what I reaserched they should...

#246 ·
ive only rubbed once... And that was at almost full lock going up hill... So offroading going up and down steep turns and hills, yes. Getting in an out of driveways, regular driving offroad no.. Like I said I've only rubbed once. I figured I would rub a lot more.

#247 ·
thats strange...i have the 20x9 -12 off set with same tires and with a 6'' and 1.25'' body lift i rubbed alot... now with adjustables set at 2.75 i sometimes still rub.... whats your fender height

#255 ·
maybe the sport bumper is a bit diff shaped...
I know exactly where you are rubbing. Your tires are grabbing the lower corners of your front valence on your bumper.
Take a dremel and cut off a triangle piece the size of 1" that will rid of the rub.
Its not even at full lock. its about 4/5 of the way and it happens when you swing the tire back to the straight position and grabs the bumper.
Even when trimming you wont even notice it was trimmed.

Do it and you will be ok.

Ill snap a pic later of where I am talking about and how mine looks now after trimming.....I have a -24 offset on 20x10 wheels so I will grab slightly more too

#248 ·
Weird... I've only rubbed once and It was a nasty pit I turned into, I knew I would rub. I'll check my fender measurements tomorrow. Im just running 6" RCX plus 2.1" Bilsteins. But I havent rubbed since.

#262 ·
Ill take a pic during the day when I remember....LOL

The rubbing doesnt bother me... I have some clanging noise in the rear when I hit small bumps and its driving me crazy. I've checked all the bolts and they are all tight... I think it might be my tool box or something in it...
It sounds worst on the sport plastic bumper. Its like a rub and then a pop

#260 ·
The rubbing doesnt bother me... I have some clanging noise in the rear when I hit small bumps and its driving me crazy. I've checked all the bolts and they are all tight... I think it might be my tool box or something in it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.