DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hood Scoops??

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  erm 
#1 ·
so im not thinking about doing this on anything or watever but the thought just crossed my mind. has anyone ever taken a non-functional hood scoop and made it functional?? if so how did you modify the scoop? wat scoop did you use? and how did u modify the hood and make it all work? just wondering wat peoples thoughts are on this??

#2 · (Edited)
Some people have installed the Sport Performance Hood
it is non functioning, those scoops are removable & can be easily modified to allow clean cool air to help cool the engine

TV show GEARS did it on a Ram Express called the Drag'N Wagon
http://staceydavid.com/projects/drag-n-wagon
three videos at the bottom right of the page

I think the Ram Air Hood is the way to go, if you are going to buy a replacement hood, it comes functional from the source

#3 ·
I did it on mine. Just removed the scoops and cut the back off, glued some mesh on and Walla. Easier said than done though lol

G
#4 ·
Very true ^^^^ but with some patience and ingenuity, it can be done.

Most folks look at this and want to do some form of cold air intake/plenum & feed to the intake. There are kits now that fit with the SRT style hood and I saw one that was really cool this summer that had twin scoops (ala Dart GT) that had a plenum box underneath that transistioned to a rubber pan and a hose out of the pan to the intake, looked a bit like the old Chevelle SS set up for a cowl induction hoodl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.