DODGE RAM FORUM banner

15.4 1/4 mile

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
Was at the track with some buddy's and i dieceded to run my truck, was kinda suprised when i ran it.

R/T= .36
1/8= 9.7
1/4= 15.4
Spun alot threw 1st.

this is in my 09 crew with 6" and 33's runnin completly stock. w/o tailgate or spare,

i really would like to see it under like 13's anyone doing it with bolt on's?

#4 ·
I believe it...stock street tires will be much more slippery on a track prepped for slicks an dr's...also, he took off weight (tailgate an spare) from the rear which will help at the other end, but hurts at the start.. lowering the air pressure in the rear tires will help but in most cases you have to feather it off the line before getting into it...

#6 ·
I believe it...stock street tires will be much more slippery on a track prepped for slicks an dr's
There you go, I learned something new today. I would love to hit a 1/4 track. Get a stock run before we can tune the 12s. I'm sure there are some in SE Michigan. I would have to remove the cap though. PITA. Although the cap can't be any worse than a 6" lift with 33" tires can it? Maybe I can run a 15.4 with a cap! I would be happy with that.

#8 ·
been a while since i have been on here. sorry guys.

yeah it is completly stock besides lift, 20's and 33" tires.

it spun because the traction control/ bas/ abs are messed up because the hubs.

(if you ever wanna just boil the tires down just unplug the speed sensor on one of the hubs... it has 0 traction control. quite fun in the rain)

ran a few more time;s since then and it was between a 15.5-15.9 with tailgate

#10 ·
I'm heading to the track tonight and I'm shooting for a high 13 or at worst a low 14 sec slip in my crewcab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.