DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Looking for new tires

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Ramathorne 
#1 ·
Just picked up my 02 dodge ram 1500 and it has 20 inch rims on there and the tires are 275-60-20. I am wondering what others reccommend for new tires for it. I am wanting a good all weather tire but something that is going to be good for winter here in Iowa. I would like an aggressive looking tire, but doesn't have to be. Would like them for under 200 a piece if possible. Please let me know what would be a good tire to get. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

#3 ·
Well, if you're looking for a cheap tire, try out the kumho road ventures. I paid like $160 a piece on TireRack. I have 285/70/17's on my truck and I've driven the thing out of a ditch with a foot of snow and mud. They grip really well. The picture below doesn't really show the tread, because these were my old set. They're more of a radial design. But if you like a more aggressive look, go with some nitto terra graplers. They're a good tire for the money.

#7 ·
I was going to say the BFG A/T KOs as well. The only thing is when you have 20" rims the price of tires goes up quick. The bigger the whole in the tire the more expensive it is. I had a set of the BFG tires and they were great. They handled really well in the winter which is what you are looking for. The only thing is if you go to wide of a tire you will skid easier, no matter what type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.