DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Telescopic hid?

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  scmedic09 
#1 ·
Hey y'all just wanted some opinions here, does anyone have any experience with telescopic hid's? im looking at some from my local shop. Retail price is 550$ but blaine (the shop owner) can get them to me fo 159+ 30 for the code eliminator harness.... they are 55w 8000k but im not sure of the brand name on the lights. Anywhoo any input is greatly appreciated:LOL:

#2 ·
By telescoping do you mean they are high and low beams? IF so they can be had for MUCH cheaper. A lot of people go with DDM Tuning because they are one of the cheapest kits (price wise) out there and have good results. AAC is a forum sponsor that is a little more expensive but is one fo the best quality kits out there you can get. Shop around a tad before you pull the trigger on something.

#3 ·
hey there! Yea i do mean hi/low (bi-xenon) but these ones move in and out to actuate the hi/low. I havent had much luck with ddm, ive called a couple times, and didnt get very good customer satisfaction i called to inquire about all the harness i need to ensure no problems, and well the answer i got is, didnt you look on our site. I said i did but i couldnt find the info i was looking for and she replied, well look again. After that i also contacted them for a shipping quote due to the fact their site wasnt working well and wouldnt give me a quote. again the only answer i got was "place your order then you will see the shipping amount on the bill"... thanks alot :S. i have also been looking on their facebook page, and there is nothing but bad comments, and complaints on their, so kind of turned me off their products from what i have seen there. Ive been shopping around now since may, and still havent settled onn what i want :S sooooo many options and choices. I may just go with my local shop as they treat me super well, and he said if anything goes wrong he will replace them no questions asked..... but any more input is great. Gonna be a week or so before i drop my decision.

#4 ·
Did you create an online ticket with them? Every time I've done that I've gotten a response within a few days.

#6 ·
I believe that actuated bulbs are how most HID bixenons work.

As far as DDM goes Ive never tried calling/contacting them. Ive always just ordered and Ive never any sort of problems. You just need to know what you want and order it lol. I will vouch for them on the shipping thing. I do sales at a performance shop and finding out shipping pricing it such a PITA 90% of the time its easier to do it on the website. When people call me and ask for shipping i just make a fake order in our online store and let the website quote me.

#7 ·
Its unreal how many options are out there for lighting, and i hear ya with the shipping too... damn Canada has to make everything so complicated haha..anyways i ended up ordering the set from the shop here i deal with, i talked him down to 160 for everything i need tax in so not too bad, and he will take care of all warranty issues for me if i have any. so cant complain there i guess...i went with the 8000k ones like i had mentioned in the OP, cant wait to get em in now :)

#9 ·
Its always nice to do business locally if you can. Sounds like you have a good relationship with this shop and if you have any problems they are right there to help you out. That will be a godsend if you do have issues rather than dealing with someone over the phone and dealing with shipping. Sounds to me like the right choice. Make sure to post up pics with your results

#10 ·
your right there with the local shop, and yes its alot easier to deal local. He is a great guy to deal with, same spot i got my magnaflow bought and installed for 130 taxes in, hes great for deals. even if it does cost a little more for some things, to me dealing face to face is better than over a phone or over the net, but thats just my opinion haha... will def post pics once i got em all wired up

#11 · (Edited)
well finally got the lights installed today WOW!!! what a difference, sorry guys an gals didnt get any pics yet, but here are the before HID pics... ill try and post the after pics tomorrow night. OH and by the way my WONDERFUL fiance paid for my lights for me :) what a gal
this is just taken in my yard,
Highs

HID high

lows

HID low sorry bout the blurry

from the front

HID from the front

HIDfrom the side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.