DODGE RAM FORUM banner

05 hid help

819 views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  erm 
#1 ·
i bought new headlight housings and they came with an hid kit, after i hooked it up and tried it they just flash, they come on for 2 seconds and go out and repeats untill i turn the truck off. how do i fix this? i have read a few posts about putting in relays and resistors but it looks like its all for a low beam only set-up. i have the bi-xenon.

#3 ·
The bi-xenon kits also need resistors or caps for the low beam circuit to work.

Who did you buy the kit from?
kit came from ebay , i play around with it for a bit today and got too frustrated and pulled it all out it was supposed to be a plug and play kit.
GE nighwawks for the win!:smileup:
looks like my old honda will get a lighting upgrade lol no fancy computers to tell that lights are burnt out or anything like that so the HID may work in it

G
#4 ·
Yeah...if the bulb base is the same.

I have yet to solve my HID problem on my 2007. I've tried 4 different kits and 7 different harness arrangements with and without caps, relays, resistors, etc....

Right now they are hard wired to the battery, not attached to the stock wiring harness, on a separate switch. It works but the perfectionist in me wants them to work with the stock system. Besides, that switch position was reserved for one more set of auxiliary lights!

#5 ·
Yeah...if the bulb base is the same.

I have yet to solve my HID problem on my 2007. I've tried 4 different kits and 7 different harness arrangements with and without caps, relays, resistors, etc....

Right now they are hard wired to the battery, not attached to the stock wiring harness, on a separate switch. It works but the perfectionist in me wants them to work with the stock system. Besides, that switch position was reserved for one more set of auxiliary lights!
haha ya i hate hacking stuff i figure i may as well do it right or not at all, thats why the stock bulbs are back in.

G
#6 ·
I hear there are two kits that work and that AAC has done some work to include resistors in their balance that allow their bi-xenon kit to work with the CanBus system.

So, it's time for a projector retrofit and a different HID kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.